Any one with abdominal lymphadenopathy?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by judithmahw, Jan 13, 2007.

1. judithmahw

judithmahw New Member

BESIDES MY SYMPTOMS MANY VERY MUCH LIKE THE ONES I READ ON THIS MESSAGE BOARD THE 2 CLINICAL SIGNS I HAVE ARE SIGNIFICANT ABDOMINAL LYMPHADENOPATHY AND VERY HIGH (3000)EBV ANTIBODY TITER FOR PAST INFECTION. ANY ONE WITH SIMILAR CLINICAL FINDINGS ? I AM INTERESTED IN HEARING FROM YOU.
  2. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

How was your abdominal lymphadenopathy diagnosed?
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

judithmahw:

Why not let the doctors figure all out?

The key is to pump them for all the info you can and get a copy of all medical records.

You will get to the bottom of it yet.

nyrofan
  4. judithmahw

judithmahw New Member

CT Scan. I had a hernia and abdominal pain. The lymphnodes in the intestines were enlarged and shotty (beat up). That led me to the oncologist who has since ruled out any cancer, amyloid and sarcoid. My symptoms are similar to CFS/FM. Especially suspect since the High EBV antibody titer.
  5. judithmahw

judithmahw New Member

Thanks thats good advice.
  6. judithmahw

judithmahw New Member

Abdominal lymphadenopathy is enlarged or beat up lymphnodes some times found in lyphomas or other cancers but also inflammatory and infectious diseases viral or bacteria. In my case it seems to be a chronic thing because repeat scans a few months later showed no changes ( better or worse). It is not supposed to be painful but I did have alot of abdominal pain (also had a hernia which has been repaired) my pain is not much in the abdomen now BUT I am not sure if it wont cycle around again. I have wondered if the abdominal pain has a neurological base because my abdominal pain is hard to describe ie not dull, not sharp, not gnawing but more like a cold steely scrape. The other thing was that any alcohol made it much worse. I was sure I had Hodgkins because of that symptom alone,thank God that has been ruled out. (We have 2 school age children and are older parents.Any life I am blessed with after they graduate college is gravy.) One of these days I am going to try a glass of wine to see if that provokes as much pain as it did before I had my hernia repaired. God Bless and have a good day.[This Message was Edited on 01/14/2007]