ANY ONE WITH FIBRO HAVE THYROID NODULES

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ANGELS328, Aug 29, 2008.

1. ANGELS328

ANGELS328 New Member

I RECENTLY FOUND OUT THAT I HAVE MULTI-NODLUES ON MY THRYOID AND HAD TO HAV A FINE NEEDLE BIOPSY. HAVEN'T GOT THE RESULTS BACK BUT ALL MY BLOOD WORK LOOKS GOOD EXCEPT FOR 1 THE ALT (SGPT)WAS A LITTLE LOW. I HAVE HAD FIRBO, SJROGEN'S, RLS, SLEEP APNEA, OA FOR YEARS THIS BIOPSY HAS CAUSE A BIG FLAIR UP. JUST WONDERING IF U CAN STILL HAVE THRYOID CANCER IF YOUR BLOOD WORK IS OK. THESE NODULES APPEARED IN ONLY AROUND 6 MONTHS. ANY ONE ELSE WITH THRYOID ISSUES?
    [This Message was Edited on 08/29/2008]
  2. robin1667

robin1667 New Member

I have multiple nodules,actually to many to count on ultra sound.I've had the needle aspiration you talk about.I know the pain you are talking about and I feel for you.I also have 3 large goiters.I look as though I have a adams apple.Most people don't notice or say anything.My blood tests are all normal also.I am tested every 6 months with blood tests and seen by my endocrinologist.I also have a ultra sound every year.
    As far as your question-I worry about this also,I don't want you to worry to much,but I also understand where you are coming from.I've been there.As long as you and your Dr. stays on top of this you should be alright.You know there is always a chance of it.So keep your appointments.
    I am told most of us have these nodules,some of us just have more.
    I have asked about having my thyroid taken out.My primary and endo. doc say ther are alot of risk with this surgery,as long as all my tests are ok,wwe will just keep on top of it.If I have problems with choking on food,then they will talk about surgery.On the other hand my spinal surgeon says to have it removed.Right at this point,I don't want anymore surgeries,have had 5 in the past year.I need a break!!!!!
    I hope my response hasn't scared you,it is not my intention.Ask alot of questions of your doc,look it up on computer.I am here for you. try to have a good weekend,you know what the worry and stress will do to you.Take care and please post so I know how you are doing. Robin
  3. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Yes, I had nodules and cysts. Are you on a thyroid medicine because they told me its a sign of thyroid too high or two low. My nodules started shrinking once I got on my T3/T4 medicine. My thyroid was too low.
  4. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Yes; I have 2 nodules on the right thyroid; had the left removed.

I too, had the fine needle biopsy and it was benign. My doctor told me that most of the nodules on the thyroid were benign in most patients. However, we should always, as robin said, stay on top of things and have regular ultra sound and bloodwork done.

Also, when the surgeon removed the left side of my thyroid, I didn't think about it at the time but if he had removed both sides, I wouldn't be in this mess with these nodules, duh!!!! So.....if anyone has to have one side removed, talk with your surgeon about both. I know they don't want to remove both.

BlueSky

Anyway
  5. lavenderwings

lavenderwings New Member

I have them as well. I was told there is like a 3% chance that your biopsy will come back cancerous. My endo says if your not choking or your airway is not hindered to leave it alone.
  6. mujuer

mujuer New Member

I have a multi-nodular goitor also. My blood test kept coming back normal although I had classic signs of Hypothyroidism so finally my Dr. did an ultrasound and by then I already had the goitor with the nodules on them. I have an ultrasound now every year to see if they have grown. So far the Synthroid has kept them in check. No biopsies yet though. There is alot of info on this board about thyroid issues. P
  7. niecsey

niecsey New Member

Hi l had/have graves disease and when the thyroid come out it was very inflammed (hashis). Try not to worry if your going to have any cancer thyroid cancer is the easiest to treat!! Im sure you will be ok and will of been worrying for nothing. Good luck x
  8. ANGELS328

ANGELS328 New Member

I had my biopsy done, the results say adenomatous hyperplasia, does anyone know what that means? Dr. is out of town until end of next week. thanks
  9. robin1667

robin1667 New Member

I have not heard of this.Have you looked it up?Maybe someone else here has.Don't ya just love it when they tell ya test results and no one explains what it means.I've had that done to me several times and it has scared the H*** out of me.At this point please try and not worry untill you you hear from Doctor or nurse.Sometimes info on internet can be misleading. Robin
    [This Message was Edited on 09/02/2008]