Any One With FM/CFIDS/Osteoarthritis getting SSDI Help?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Betty32578, Jul 8, 2003.

1. Betty32578

Betty32578 New Member

I was hurt on the job 2001 but my employer never filed a written report. I got a w/comp attorney but he never really helped me. I ended up having to settle for 1/2 of one of my yearly checks or nothing. I was single and needed the money. I have recently got a social security attorney and he (I hope ) will be better. It's a useless fight to try & get my husbands' (HMO) Ins. to pay for the medications that help with my problems and all the doctors want to do is rule out things and run more test. Thank God for an understanding spouse that really is supportive. I can't work because of pain, tired all the time, can't sleep and brain fogs as well as word mix ups. Sometimes I feel stupid & crazy/DD. I forget where I am or where I'm going & know what I want to say but the words get mixed up. I am now beginning to get accident prone. I try to stay away from things that might cause problems like operating lawn mower, driving car etc.It's been 2 years but loss of income is really hurting. Doctors say there is no cure. Has anyone out there ever had sucess getting their Social Security Disability for FM/CFIDS and Osteoartheritis? Pray for me! I am so tired of the pain & no help for it. I can't afford to pay for the pills & the insurance won't unless I fight then they only pay a part of it. Just tired of the pain & no help!
  2. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

I managed to learn that the code that SS used was # 7280, muscle, ligament & fascia disorder. Good luck to you. Let me know if you want some pointers.
    Kate