Any patients of Dr. Eric Hurd (Plano, Texas) on this board?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kat_in_Texas, Oct 25, 2005.

1. Kat_in_Texas

Kat_in_Texas New Member

I found Dr. Hurd's name on the "Good Doctors List" in the Doctor Referral section of this site. He's very close to both my office and my home so I thought I'd check him out.

Anyone on here go to Dr. Hurd? If so, what can you tell me about him?

Thanks so much!!

Kathy

2. Kat_in_Texas

Kat_in_Texas New Member

...bumping again...

:)
  3. Kat_in_Texas

Kat_in_Texas New Member

Just bumping this up on the off chance that someone has been to Dr. Hurd.

- a hopeful Kat!

4. Kat_in_Texas

Kat_in_Texas New Member

Thanks for the info, foggedup. Maybe our "intuition" really does work, because I kept procrastinating making the call to his office and couldn't quite put my finger on why I wasn't jumping at the chance to start with someone who came "recommended" (ie: the "good doctor list"). I was so hoping someone would reply.

I realize that everyone reacts differently to doctors and their mannerisms and maybe others think he's okay. (Of course if they do, I haven't heard from them!) But I'm not willing to let one more doctor make me feel inferior or that this is all in my head!!!!! I want HELP!

I have been seriously considering the FFC here in Dallas, but I'm just not quite comfortable with that either. Besides the enormous cost involved, I got the impression that they are preying on people who have no where else to turn. I just haven't heard that many glowing reports from people who have been there. I'm not ruling it out altogether, but I think I'll try to find a doctor who understands before going to the Center. (I know, good luck with that, right?!?) I need to stick with someone that my insurance will pay for.

I'm rambling ... very tired and foggy myself tonight so I'm off to bed. But THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU foggedup for sharing this with me. I feel better just knowing what to do ... NOT call him for an appointment!

You're a doll ... big hugs to you!

Nitey-nite,
    Kat

5. Kat_in_Texas

Kat_in_Texas New Member

I had not made my "fall back" appointment with Dr. Harney but I called first thing this morning. I'm waiting for his scheduler to call me back so we can set something up. Even though I know I can't see him until late January, I've decided to just try and wait this pain out until then. If need be, I can check back in with my PCP before then, and BEG! Ha!

Again, thanks so much for the heads up on Dr. Hurd. Scary!!!! I'm really looking forward to seeing Dr. Harney and hopefully getting on top of this pain.

Hope you have a good day!

Kat