Any place offer FAR INFRARED SAUNA in New York City?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hubcap_halo, Apr 14, 2008.

1. hubcap_halo

hubcap_halo New Member

My doctor said many of her patients have gotten a lot better after spending a few months doing several days a week in a Far Infrared Sauna. I don't want to just buy one out of the blue, I'd like to find a place--a spa, a doctor's office that offers it by the hour?

2. sophiekk

sophiekk New Member

They have one at InSpa World in Flushing. However, Far Infrared radiation is nothing fancy - it's just heat. A bar heater gives off heat at the same wavelength, so you could just buy one of those and sit in front of it, maybe in a deckchair in your living room :p
  3. tooks

tooks Member

Just saw your post. I just ordered a 2 week free trial on a sort of lie-down-on far infrared sauna. It beams far infrared rays through a layer of amethyst which is supposed to increase the effect. It is called a BioMat and I've seen websites for places (I think one was a yoga studio) in NYC that have them for their patrons to use. You could probably find it though google--biomat New York City or something.

The reason I wanted to try it was for detox, one of it's specialties. In fact I wanted to ask you about Dr. Karen Vrchota and how you work with her while you are in NYC. I am doing Rich's Simplified Protocol and I believe she is the doctor with the most patients on it, but I don't have any doctor nearby (I live on an island in the Gulf of Mexico, and yes, it is really relaxing except in hurricane season) who is familiar with the protocol.

Do you think Dr. Vrchota would do telephone consults? Maybe just to help get her experience on basic questions that come up on the protocol? And one of those is, of course, detox without killing yourself.

Would love to hear what you've got to say.
  4. hubcap_halo

hubcap_halo New Member

That's a great idea on the free trial.

I will google that. I haven't tried the Sauna yet, but Dr. Vrchota is a proponent. She advises trying it five times and if you feel appreciably better, consider buying one.

Yes, I consult with Dr. Vrchota from time to time. Not so much lately. You could absolutely consult with her on the Rich 5 supplements. Google her and her website will come up. She's very friendly, helpful, smart.

Are you just off the tip of Padre Island or something?
    It sounds beautiful! I keep thinking the only place I'd want to live besides NYC is an island or coastal beach. Please tell me about your island.