Any posts about this?.......

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mxmom419, Jan 24, 2007.

1. mxmom419

mxmom419 New Member

I went to the doc today after having a really bad crash over the weekend.

He said that he thinks that I may be on a swing if you will where I have hypo-glycemia and then swing into hyper-glycemia.

He thinks that it may not be my sugar levels that are going crazy but, my insulin levels.

Are there any posts about how this is related to CFS? I know hypo-glycemia is pretty common but, what about the swing? How is the insulin related to the CFS?

I want a new swing please. Then I'll play nicely with others. I promise!!

Stacey
  2. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

"From Fatigued to Fantastic"

Sometimes its a chromium deficiency.

Prohealth just sent out a new newsletter via email about Milk Thistle (silymarim) and diabetes. I would certainly try it. Milk thistle really helps my liver detox too.

Dr. William Wong N.D recommends systemic enzymes to dissolve scar tissue in the pancreas.

For now, only eat complex carbohydrates and eat 5X a day or more. Don't wait until your hungry or you'll grab anything for a quick fix.
  3. mxmom419

mxmom419 New Member

it from turning into diabetes? I was doing really good on what I was eating. No sugar, No milk, No white flour....Lots of veggies! Where did I go wrong? Not eating enough? I have the the book fatigue to fantastic but, I didn't see anything on hyper-glycemia? I'll look again. Thanks
  4. elliespad

elliespad Member

I am hyperinsulinemic, meaning I over produce insulin in response to eating carbohydrates or high glycemic foods. Since starting on Compounded Cortisol 15 mg. a year ago, I have no problems with it anymore. Have you had Cortisol levels checked?
  5. mxmom419

mxmom419 New Member

isuli...... yes! That's what the doc said. I'm going for blood work so maybe, that's what he's testing. Sounds like a easy fix. Is it that easy? My crash was the worst I've ever had!! Could the meyer's cocktail in relation to my insulin have created the crash?
  6. elliespad

elliespad Member

Not necessarily easy fix. The test tomorrow could be a couple things.

1. A Fasting Glucose Tolerance test - they draw blood, test insulin levels and glucose, give you a sugar drink, then draw blood every hour for 2 or 3 hours. My doc did a 5 hour test.

2. Could be an ACTH Stimulation test - draw blood, get Cortisol level, inject ACTH, draw blood in half hour or so, see if Cortisol went up.

3. Could be a 24 hr. Urinary Cortisol test - collect urine in a jug for 24 hours. Measures amount of Cortisol excreted over a 24 hr. period.

4. A MORNING blood Cortisol test. This should be the highest level of the day, but if they only test it in AM then they really don't know that. But mine was low anyway, so FFC doc put me on Cortisol.

5. Salivary testing of Cortisol - but I know this is not what your doctor ordered. This is done 4 times a day, by filling little test tubes with spittle, and mailing them into a special lab.

I've had all these tests done over the years, and everyone of them ABNORMAL results. Only the FFC doc ordered the Compounded Cortisol. Even my Primary doc, who is somewhat alternative and does Chelation, Glutathione IVs, won't treat my Adrenal insufficiency, so NO, it's not necessarily an easy fix. But it would be if they'd treat the problem. Good luck tomorrow.
    [This Message was Edited on 01/24/2007]
  7. mxmom419

mxmom419 New Member

Thank you for so much info.

I believe the test I had today was a fasting blood draw.

So my guess is that they are testing the cortisol.

Having a bad day today and can't believe that CFS is this uncontrollable!!!

I also can't believe if it's my sugar levels why it's taking so long to get to the bottom of it.

I'm sorry I'm so frustrated!

Hopefully I'll have answers soon.

At least if I know what I'm dealing with and how to deal with it I can cope. It's this rollercoster ride and I'm getting sea sick.

Thanks hon I'll let you know what I find out.

Stacey