Any pregnant FM ladies here?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Boomom, Jul 30, 2003.

1. Boomom

Boomom New Member

Hi...I'm new to the site...I am 24 wks pregnant, and the remission that occurred early in my pregnancy disappeared...now having tender spots and searing pain again. Does anyone have any advice on pain management? Normally I took Ultram for pain, and my doctor seems to think that one or two 50mg tabs are okay, but he doesn't really give any alternatives. Also, I want to nurse...but will have to use no meds then...it scares me to death because the pain and fatigue are so bad for me, and I have a very active four year old boy as well. I didn't have FM with my first pregnancy, and worked until I was 8 months, but I am lucky to get my dishes done on a daily basis now because I feel so wrung out. Anyway, enough whining from me...I hope to hear from some other pregnant ladies (or those who have gone through pregnancy w/FM)
    [This Message was Edited on 07/30/2003]
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Boomom, I just stopped to welcome you. Yes, we do have a lot of members here who just had babies, and some are pregnant now, all with either FM or CFS. I know they will be sharing with you soon.

Again, welcome to the board, and the very best of luck to you.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. iconracr

iconracr New Member

It was a very long road.

The pain stopped me from sleeping thus, the FM got worse. Nothing I could do about it. I was also 40.

They finally allowed me to take Tylenol PM. That helped with both pain and sleep. I also took Yoga, the BEST thing I could have done. It really helped the pain .

All I could suggest, get some good rest when you can.