Any Reaction to Probiotics?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pw7575, Mar 23, 2007.

1. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

I just started the Candida Diet and taking a probiotic called Threelac on Monday. Monday morning I woke up feeling weird and jittery inside BEFORE I started taking the probiotics and doing the diet.

Since then this entire week I have been feeling awful. I have been having that jittery weird feeling inside a lot and I have been just feeling worse in general. Very flu like and yuckie. Plus yesterday and today I seem to be having mild dull chest pains off and on.

I am just trying to figure out if this is due to the Threelac and Candida diet or not.

I have read online that candida die off can cause a jittery feeling, plus flu like symptoms, plus chest pains. I am just not sure though since the first day before I took anything I woke up feeling weird and jittery (which has happened to me before).

Has anyone had any sort of reaction or herxing like this to Threelac and/or Candida diet?

Thanks,
    Pam[This Message was Edited on 03/23/2007]
  2. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

No I am not taking Molybdenum. I guess I need to get some of that. I don't know what is causing this but I don't like it. If the Molybdenum will help than that would be great.

Hopefully it will get better tomorrow. Today is my last day of the Candida diet. I am vegan so cutting out wheat etc for 5 days is as long as I can do it. There isn't much at all I can eat on that diet. You really can't be vegan and follow the candida diet.

I will still be taking the Threelac though.

Thanks for the Molybdenum info!

Take Care,
    Pam
    [This Message was Edited on 03/23/2007]
  3. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

I know alot of people here have taken probiotics so just bumping to hear what others have experienced...bad and good.
  4. ask2266

ask2266 Member

Or should I say gives me die-off symptoms. I've been on Threelac and digestive Enzymes for about 1 week, and I have felt pretty bad. I've had feverish feelings, jitteriness and bloating you would not believe.

I'm trying to do as much of a Candida diet as possible. No sugar or white bread. But I am allowing whole wheat bread and corn, occasional piece of fruit, and cheese. The real candida diet is so unobtainable, it's ridiculous. The Threelac people say that Threelac works even without strictly following the Candida diet.

I'm taking 3 Threelacs and 3 digestive enzyme capsules per day, spread out over the day. How much are you taking?
  5. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

Thank you for posting your experience. Looks like I am not the only one feeling bad.

I am trying to do the diet as much as I can but being vegan it hasn't left me with much to eat. I have been doing veggies, brown rice, almonds, beans, and whatever else I found that is gluten free and sugar free. Not much.

That diet is pretty ridiculous. That is why I am only doing it for 5 days. No way could I do that for good. Tomorrow I will add back in my whole grains and fruits etc.

I am only taking one packet of Threelac daily and am feeling really bad. I can't imagine taking all that you are taking!

Hope we are both feeling better soon. Keep me posted on how it goes for you.

Pam
  6. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

I took only one per day. 3/day was too much die off.

I also ate only complex carbohydrates and drank lots of Detox tea (Celestial Seasonings). I took a month but I slowly lost the sugar cravings and my intestinal gas went way down.

I now take Probiotics and still avoid sugar. Viruses breathe sugar.

Best wishes
  7. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

Anyone else get the same thing I am getting with probiotics? If this is die off should I skip a day to ease up on the die off?

Pam
  8. ask2266

ask2266 Member

I'm still Ms. Toxic. I can smell formaldehyde, which is a biproduct of yeast die-off. I cut down to 2 threelac packets per day instead of 3, because I thought I was just too toxic with dead yeast. Are you feeling the same? better? worse?
  9. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

Hi ask2266!

I am still feeling some die off but yesterday was definitely better than it was during the week. Friday was bad and I considered skipping a day or cutting back to half a packet but I didn't.

Yesterday I went back to my regular diet so maybe that helped. I think since I am eating some whole grains and fruit it isn't killing off so much so fast. We will see how today goes. I woke up late so I haven't seen what today will be like yet.

Probably good that you cut back. How long does the die off usually last? Do you know? I guess it is probably different for everyone.

Hope you are doing better. I really appreciate you keeping me updated!

THANKS!
    Pam