Any recommendations for a quality heating pad?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by Beadlady, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

I got a new heating pad for Christmas, but I can tell it is not going to last very long--cheaply made.

I use mine everyday--I need something heavy duty. Ideas please.
  2. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

I use my two extra large ones every night, all night long. I bought years ago when it had a life time warranty. What a deal I got. After I would start having troubles I contacted the company and they sent me a new one. I've gotten embarrassed by how many they've replaced......the guy who works there always remembers me! I bought a new one at Target recently. For me they last a couple of years.
  3. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

still chugs along and gives me good heat....when it goes I'll look into a better quality probably....even the poor quality ones are pricey....sign of the times.
  4. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

still chugs along and gives me good heat....when it goes I'll look into a better quality probably....even the poor quality ones are pricey....sign of the times.
  5. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

I have a large Kaz "SoftHeat"...think I got it at RIte Aid or Target many years ago. I have another cheapie one too......both of mine have auto shut off after a certain amt of time. I don't like this, I'd like to find one that would stay on FOREVER...I know this is a safety feature tho.

I always say that my heating pads are my best friends. I used to have a heated mattress pad that I loved...my cats shredded it when I wasn't looking. Anyway I've read the electrical current from heated blankets and pads is bad for us. Wonder if that theory applies to heating pads too.

[This Message was Edited on 01/03/2013]
  6. MicheleK

MicheleK Member

Well, I see I am not alone in my love affair with my heating pad! LOL
    I have gone through many. I like one that gets really hot and these days they make them with so many safety features, many don't get hot at all.

My husband found two extra long type that do get hot enough and also have safety features that turn them off after a while. I threw out the boxes so I don't know the name brand, but he got them at Walgreens and CVS.

When I am in tremendous pain along my entire back, I turn those pads on, lay down and enjoy not feeling the pain. Too bad as soon as I get off of the pads the pain is still there. But it's nice to have the relief while laying upon them.
  7. Saoirse3

Saoirse3 Member

Seriously, though, I bought a Homedic at Wal-Mart and so far, so good. My Sunbeam fell apart, I guess from use or being cheaply made. And another one that was very short-lived, as my parrot chewed through the cord (but I didn't like it anyway!)

Soft hugs,
    Stacey