Any Recommendations for Vitamins, Magnesium from this Site?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PolarBear, Aug 23, 2006.

1. PolarBear

PolarBear New Member

Hi,

I was thinking about trying the Vitamins plus Malic Acid and the ZMA that is sold here.

Either that or just the Vitamins plus Malic Acid and regular magnesium.

What has helped you?

Thanks!
    PolarBear
  2. keke466

keke466 New Member

3. ephemera

ephemera New Member

bumping for vitamins
  4. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Start with the Fibro Complete Multi with Malic Acid. I'm also a huge fan of a balanced mag/cal/zinc supplement and take mine twice a day.

Remember though it is imperative that the mag/cal/ supplement be balanced otherwise you won't gain the benefits of it.

My muscle pain dropped from a 10 to a 2 after beginning this supplement and I rarely ache in my muscles now at all.(Joint pain yes, muscles no)

The multi gave me a small burst the first day I tried it and I noticed it again on the second day.

I think our bodies are starving for proper nutrition that we don't and can't get from our food sources so supplementation is the way to go. And eating more ground foods that don't come prepackaged, with chemicals and processes that are NOT good for us.

Hugs,

Nancy B.
  5. PolarBear

PolarBear New Member

Hi Nancy,

Thanks so much for your recommendations. I have a question though, can I get the balanced mag/cal supplement from this site? What do you mean by balanced? Do you mean equal milligrams? I'm so confused, lol.

PolarBear

6. PolarBear

PolarBear New Member

Does anyone else have any recommendations?

Thanks!

PolarBear
  7. PolarBear

PolarBear New Member

8. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I'm pretty sure you can get a balanced mag/cal/zinc type of supplement at the PH store.

By balanced I mean...when I first added this supplement that I learned about here on this board, I was already takin a separate calcium supplement each day.

So after a few days of gaining the benefits, I started to feel horrible again. I had bought the book, "The Miracle of Magnesium" and learned how important it is to have a balanced supplement. These two work together in our bodies.

So after I stopped taking the additional calcium supplements, I immediately started feeling the good effects of my balanced cal/mag/zinc supplement.

This is one supp that I don't buy from Pro Health, but only because mine is working and I see no reason to change it. Mine is a cheap Military brand with 999mg calcium/399 mg magnesium/15mg zinc, which I take twice a day.

I do take other supplements that I buy from Pro Health but these two are the basics and our bodies need them so much that it's a great place to start.

Hugs,

Nancy B.
  9. wenld

wenld New Member

I was wondering, my multi-vitamin contains 500mg Calcium, 500 mg magnesium & 15 mg Zinc. I also take 999 mg Calcium, 399 mg Mag. & 15 mg Zinc a day.
    Is this too much?
    Thanks-Wen
  10. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I'm not sure...wish I could help more.

I only know what works for me and I still take 2 daily of my cal/mag/zinc and my Fibro Complete Multi w/Malic Acid surely contains all of these as well.

Also...please use the search feature for more information. This topic has been discussed at length many times before and Stormyskye has done a very thorough job of putting together a list of almost all supplements and their values.

Hugs,

Nancy B
    [This Message was Edited on 08/25/2006]