Any relief out there for IBS?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sunshyne1027, Jul 11, 2003.

1. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

Has anyone found any relief from IBS, and Irritable bladder?

Its becoming worse, doubling me over in pain when trying to use the bathroom. Feels like its all spazzing out down there, in the abdominal area. Intermittand constipation, then horrible diareaha, its getting to me along with the rest of the crazy problems.

2. klarry

klarry New Member

My doctor put me on a lactose intolerant regime, and also on Metamucil. Since I've been doing this, my IBS has gotten much, much better. Most days it doesn't bother me. On bad days I simply increase my Metamucil dose to twice daily, from my usual one in the morning. Hope this helps. Feel better!
  3. smilemona

smilemona New Member

......to Metamucil might be Psyillium Husks. It comes loose or in capsules. A teaspoon of Castor Oil can also loosen me up pretty good. This is for when you're feeling stuck in the gut area -- not feeling runny already!
  4. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

It`s likely you have a yeast infection which OLE, fresh garlic or Oil of Oregano should help take care of.

I`ve heard positive things of Berberine Complex, which may be worth trying first, it seems to have everything needed which tackles the infection and replaces good flora too.

Cranberry capsules/juice are also good for bladder infection.

Pat.
  5. slevonius

slevonius New Member

I used Immodium for a long time. I still keep it on hand for the IBS problems. But I also started the Metamusil program. I eat the wafers they have now - cinnamon is best. They don't seem like medicine - I can't stand that stuff mixed in water! I also drink huge amounts of water every day. I have a mug of water with me 24/7!

I think the water has also helped the bladder problems. But when spasms are really bugging me, my doctor gives me Pridium. I always have some on hand for that problem. They make your urine very yellow and will stain clothes or the toilet bowl sometimes. But they work! It took awhile for the doctor to give me the Pridium since he always thought I had a bladder infection. After several negatives tests on that, he understood it was the fibro problem instead.

Good luck!