Any Remedies for "Burning" Pain?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lmlynley, May 19, 2003.

1. lmlynley

lmlynley New Member

Greetings Everyone,

I have had Fibromyalgia for 11 years and have found that the most miserable symptom for me is the "burning" pain throughout my body. It's as if my blood has turned to lava. Does anyone have any suggestions with regard to this type of pain? IF so, please share it with me, I would be eternally grateful.

Warm Regards,
    Lauren M. Lynley
  2. jka

jka New Member

i soak ina warm tub of water,3 cups epson salt & 3 cups peroxide.i do it just befor i go to bed.it detoxes your body.it makes me really tired.i take all my meds just befor the bath. then when i get out-i just jump into bed and usually sleep well.i don't have to take pain meds every night like i use to.you might give it a try.oh, and take a good book with you.i try to soak for 1/2 an hour.

kathy c
  3. JP

JP New Member

I was given Elavil at bed time to eliminate the burning pain. I use it for sleep and nerve pain. It has woorked well for me for the most part.

Good luck finding the right thing to eliminate that symptom.
    Take care, Jam
  4. chuggie

chuggie New Member

What does the peroxide do? I don't know about anyone else out there, but if I used 3 cups of epsom salts I would have an immediate bladder/vaginal infection, and adding the peroxide to that would make my skin fall off. ;-)
  5. chuggie

chuggie New Member

Gee, you are the first one I've heard use that analogy, but that pretty much describes the kind of pain I have. I've always said though that it feels like all the bones in my body are on fire. :-(
  6. lmlynley

lmlynley New Member

Thank you for your suggestions!

Elavil put me into the ER with a heart rate of 40bpm. So I don't fancy doing that again!

I have read about neurontin. From the literature it seems to be worth investigating. Lynda: have you noticed any side effects from the drug? Chemicals kind of freak me out though I do take Narco 10's for pain.

Has anyone had any success with natural remedies with regard to burning pain?

Warm Regards,
    Lauren

[This Message was Edited on 05/28/2003]
  7. layinglow

layinglow New Member

The Epsom Salts/peroxide is a great idea, when trying to relax and settle in for bed. Epsom Salts will not give anyone a vaginal candida infection, or a bacterial bladder infection. Both of those are caused by pathogens, one fungal, the other bacterial. Epsom Salts is Magnesium Sulfate.

Have you ever tried B-12, it benefits the neurological system. If you have tried it in the past with no success, orally, you might consider B-12 injections. I give my self 1/2cc IM injections every other day, and it has helped with alot of my neurological symptoms. Many cannot absorb B-12 orally (as I cannot), due to malabsorption problems, resulting from IBS, and Leaky Gut Syndrome.

Neurontin, and Klonopin are both recommended for nerve pain, as well. Neurontin is probably the best in my opinion, but I take Klonopin for its anti-anxiety properties as well, as myclonic jerking, and sensory overload. My neural pain has been reduced in this way.

Best wishes,
    LL