Any seniors???

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by joyfh, May 8, 2007.

1. joyfh

joyfh New Member

Am I the only one that is a senior? Seems like every one is in there 50 or so..come back to me OK....JOY
  2. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

I"m a Granny have nine grandkids and my hubby is going to retire this comming Dec.
    I"ve had fibro, and a host of other things that I don"t even know what they are,for about 14yrs now.
    learn all you can from this great board its a life saver for me. sixtyslady
  3. Defor

Defor New Member

Hi...."Joy by name and Joy by nature"...

Yes there are still some 'oldies' left.
    I will be sixty three in June but I don't feel old.

I have two adored grand daughters...Lauren nine and Evie Ann seven months who are the apples of my eye.

I'm still 'trying'.....VERY trying!!!!

4. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

I am 67 and have Fibro !

I haven't been able to get on the board for a long time! Don't know why but I'd get an error message.

I'm married with 3 grown children,grandmother of five.

Hugs Shirley
  5. Denamay

Denamay New Member

I will soon be 68 and just became a great grandmother for the second time!

Love to all the oldies but goodies from Denamay.

PS. I would not want to be younger than 50 for anything in the world. Life got easier for when I hit the half century mark
  6. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

66, but still immature.

Not too much that's good about being old. My mind and body are both falling apart.

On the other hand, the great battles of life are over. I don't need to worry about:

getting an education;
    finding a partner;
    my career;

the meaning of it all;
    what I look like;
    what other people think.

how world leaders are constantly making terrible decisions.

7. Defor

Defor New Member

Getting to ninety isn't much fun but it's better than the alternative!

Was it Jack Benny????????
  8. JLH

JLH New Member

I'm 56 and my DH is 62.

I am retired and he will be retiring this Aug. We have two grandsons.

9. joyfully

joyfully New Member

I'm 60, and my name is also Joy.

let me jump in and join the group..I just turned 60 in April..and proud of it!!

11. greatgran

greatgran Member

I am 64, have had cfs, fibro so they say for about 10 years now..Mainly home bound when I go and do I pay the price..Suffer with Anxiety/depression too..

Won't go into all the details but I am now trying to care for my 2 great granddaughters and its killing me..I try to care for them 4 days a week..We stay in the house most of the time and for a 2 yr and 5 they are miseralbe..I don't know how much longer I can go on..My 15 yr old granddaughter is trying to help but I just can't seem to handle all this..

Sorry, guess I needed to vent..How many of you are mostly housebound or just rather be home?

God Bless,
  12. joyfh

joyfh New Member

I am still the oldest..on the board..I am 70 and proud of it..earn every year...what a life...Any one live in Fl.? JOY
  13. sussieque

sussieque New Member

I'm a senior almost 62 and look forward to lots more years. I have Sjogren's along with fibro and a list of other ailments, but I'm determined not to let them drag me down,at least most the time. There are those nasty flares though, which we all hate.

I'm from GA. Where are all you other seniors from?
    [This Message was Edited on 05/19/2007]
    [This Message was Edited on 05/19/2007]
  14. sussieque

sussieque New Member

This is my first time posting, and I think you can tell. I did not want that frowning face next to my name, I thought it was going in my messge. Oh well, never too old to learn, I'll just keep on trying till I get it right. I
    think this icon better describes me today!!!

15. edie5

edie5 New Member

Hi, I'm Edie and I hail from the Phila. area. I'm 68 and wouldn't want to go back to any age. I'm my 94 yr. old dad's caregiver. He has AD. We manage fairly well. I have 6 grandchildren oldest 25, youngest 14. 5 boys, 1 girl. Two kids, 1 each. My dad and I live on the second floor of my daughters house. She has 2 boys at home, girl in college and oldest son lives in my dad's old home. It's a good arrangement cause both families have their own space, but are there for each other. I love cats and enjoy doing jig-saw puzzles.
  16. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Can't beliebe it, actually!

So, I get the senior menus now! Yeah.

Seems like a good group to belong all seem so fun.