Any SNL Fans?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sisland, May 21, 2007.

1. sisland

sisland New Member

Hi All
    Saturday Night Live From New York! I Really look Forward to seeing this every Saturday Night! The Talent they Have now is incredible!

This last Sat,,They Had a skit about some guys Reminesing about the song "The Weight" Take a load off Fannie, Take a load for Free,,,,etc ,,,,,,it was a kick!,,,,,,Sis
  2. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I've been a fan off and on for years, though the SNL humor can get a bit too caustic for me at times. I also tend to conk out by the time the musical act comes on.

But I think the talent they have now is the best they've had in years. Maya Rudolph is wonderful, and "The Weight" skit was absolutely hilarious. I hope that one shows up on Youtube.

[This Message was Edited on 05/21/2007]
  3. sisland

sisland New Member

Yep,,,,Thoes guys were Kool! Amy Polar and Maya,R and the new gal, i think her name is Kristen Wig,,,,She's Really great also!

I wish i could think of the Guy's name that setting 3 in from the left,,,He's Fastly Becoming my Favorite,,,,,I Never make it to the end eighter!,,,,,oh well,,,,,Thanks for your responce,,,,,,S
    [This Message was Edited on 05/22/2007]
  4. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Kristen Wiig, I think her name is.

Isn't she great, too?

I especially like the skits in which she sullenly plays with her hair and tries to outdo everybody else at parties.

Can't remember the guy who was sitting three in from the left on "The Weight" skit, but he was hilarious, too.
  5. sisland

sisland New Member

and she plays Aunt Linda witha long A,,, and does the movie reviews! they are all so very Talented,,,almost reminds me of the old days with Gilda Radner and Bill Murray and all thoes guys!,,,,Did you get the chance to see " Night at the Museum" yet?
  6. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I forgot about Aunt Linda!

The new cast is a lot like the old 70s cast--lots of talent and character.

We did watch Night at the Museum on Saturday night, actually. You were right; it was very funny, and had a lot of neat historical characters. I liked Lewis and Clark and Columbus, especially. It would be a great movie for getting kids interested in history. The monkey slapping scene was hilarious, as was the scene when Gengis Khan cries about his childhood.
  7. sisland

sisland New Member

Ken, I'm Glad you and Wendy enjoyed the Movie! I thought you might like it because of the (Show it in the class room factor)!,,,The older guys were lots of fun!,,,,,,,Apocolypto comes out today the one that Mel Gibson Headed up!,,,,,,,,

Georgia~~~The good ol' 70'S I was trying to remember how long the show was running now,,,,,,Remember Jane Curtian,,,,Chevy Chase,,,Steve Martian too!,,,,S
  8. obrnlc

obrnlc New Member

hi sis--
    I was a real big fan of the oldies when it all started, and every so often they have specials on about those--still have me rolling on the floor!

i missed most of the 80's and 90's, and now i just watch the opener--up until--LIVE FROM NEW YORK....

i guess i am showing my age, but they new ones are just to crude, i am embarrassed to watch them even with my husband!(i do love the political spoofs, tho). I just can't believe what they put on TV these days (not just SNL, either) but it is embarrassing to watch as a family.
    one night my 14-15 yr old had a friend over and the skit was about "colonel angus" (in a very southern accent) and of course it was all run together and actually was funny as hell--if my kids weren't around, but then my daughters friend wanted to know what the real word meant--really embarrassing!

the old ones, with chevy, gilda, belushi, etc were hysterical but they were family entertainment, and although they often pushed it and insinuated, at least it was somewhat "clean" (those were the days--i am REALLY showing my age here!)

i sometimes try to watch, and by the first skit my husband (even older than me, lol!) is so turned off that we never get to the real talent or funny stuff.

those were the days---L

PS--great post, but now i have "JANE, you ignorant slut" running thru my head, and it will be stuck there all day, lol!!!
    [This Message was Edited on 05/22/2007]
  9. sisland

sisland New Member

an icon for T.V. viewers,, I'm thinking that its been on air for 30 or more years,,,,sometimes they have the more Caustic humor (i got that word from Ken!) lolol,

but i can see how it changes with the times! Defenitly not a kids show to watch,,,i think thats why it comes on later at night,,,,,but i'll keep on watching it until i can't hear or see anymore!,,,,,,,,lolol,,,,,Lindy ,,,the coneheads were Great!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,S