Any successful therapies/treatments

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by blondie45, Aug 9, 2005.

1. blondie45

blondie45 New Member

Please I am at the end of my rope dealing with this pain. Today I cannot even use my arms without the pain being absolutely unbearable. I would appreciate anything as far as treatments/therapies that has reduced your pain to a tolerable level. Any help and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
  2. northlights

northlights New Member

the only thing that has worked so far is a combination of neurontin (gabapentin) and MS Contin

I wish I could be more helpful.

I've tried pretty much every therapy and drug the docs can think of, and this finally has given me some relief.

hugs
    north
  3. matthewson

matthewson New Member

Also tramadol, Zma for sleeping and flexeril if I really can't get to sleep. My pain has decreased significantly with this combination. You kind of have to experiment and see what works for you as not everything works for everyone.

Good luck to you. Hope you can find something that works for you.

Take care, Sally
  4. blondie45

blondie45 New Member

I do already take tramadol. It helps sporadically. I tried Neurontin about 2 years ago for my interstitial cystitis. I might have to try it again. Does it take some getting used to as far as grogginess in the morning, etc.
  5. matthewson

matthewson New Member

I never had any problem with sleepiness when taking the neurontin. In fact, I think it actually gave me more energy. I have a friend with CFS who swears by neurontin and said it gave her more energy too. But, different drugs have different effects on people.

My new Dr. who seems to be pretty up on FMS, said for me to increase my neurontin. I was only taking it once a day 300mg. He said to take it 3 times a day and it would probably help more with pain. I have upped it to twice a day, but because it seems to give me energy, I can't take it before I go to bed or it tends to keep me up.

The tramadol seems to work alot better along with the neurontin. I have tried both alone, and neither one of them works as well for pain as the combination of both of them.

Hope you find something that works for you.

Take care, Sally