ANY SUGEESTION IS APPRECIATED

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by street129, Oct 3, 2009.

1. street129

street129 New Member

I JUST return from my doctor's office for my results on my H. pylori test, result came back HIGH POSITIVE, now back in june i had a ployp removed, and she tested me and it was negative, so im very confused, she had no answer for me, when i ask her the h. pylori was negative back then, all she did was strug her shoulders and said, well its positive now.

i HAVE candida and she gaave me TWO ANITIBIOTICS TO TAKE,one for 10 days,the name is ciprofloxacin, anybody knows if this antibiotic gaves bad sife affects, i know we are all different, but im only asking, the other one for 14 days is clindamycin, anything on this one.....OUCH....i am very scare to take these amtibiotics, do anyone know any other thing i can take instead of antibotic to get rid of the h. pylori.

thanks, please somone respond to my post, i dont know what to do about taking these. I MADE sure asked her for ainti-fungal drugs, i learn alot from coming here, so i knew to asked her for that anti drug, she gave me fluconazole, for 10 days.........

i will be takinging about 8 different probiotics, starting today, if i begin on the antibiotics.....help me please...sorry for this being so long.

[This Message was Edited on 10/04/2009]
  2. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

My daughter is a dietician, her friend remembered Tumeric (curcumin). Tumeric a spice used in curry powder and for color in mustard. I took basically 1 gram / day and a week later. the pain was gone. I still take tumeric every now and again, the ulcer has never returned!

Daniel Amen MD. had a newsletter implicating H. Pylori in alzheimer patients.

In the case of antibiotics, my fatigue doc told me to take them 2 hours apart from the probiotics.
    The finest probiotic I've found is Kefir. It taste like yogurt. It can be cow's milk or goat's. Goat's milk is easier to digest. 10 probiotic strains! There are flavored varieties. Mango/ strawberry are my favorite.

For candida, I like Grapefruit Seed Extract. Candida seems to adapt to different remedies, so alternating (rotating) is necessary and "normal". Going on a low sugar / complex carb diet is essential. Three-Lac, colloidal silver and Kefir are others.

Bacteria and yeast compete for space in the colon, you may find that the Kefir is your one natural stop answer.
  3. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

Follow your doctor's advice and take the antibiotics, as prescribed. As H. pylori can lead to cancer in some people, you want to get this cleared up as soon as possible. Not all antibiotics cause candida, and, as your doctor has also given you a prescription for an anti-fungal, should you get a yeast infection as a result of taking the antibiotics, you are covered.

You might want to start making your own kefir if you don't already do so. It has two types of yeasts that compete with candida and help to keep it in check. Store bought kefir isn't as good as it isn't made from "live" grains.
  4. richvank

richvank New Member

Hi, street129.

You might be interested in the article pasted below, from the New England Journal of Medicine.

Also, below that is a quotation from Dr. Leo Galland, who practices in New York City and is an authority on treating gastrointestinal problems using alternative approaches.

I gave mastic gum to one of my sons, who had a stomach ulcer, and it cleared up.

With regard to ciprofloxacin, I've heard from several people with CFS who developed tendon or cartilage problems from using it. It seems to be particularly problematic for people who have low glutathione and low magnesium, which is true of most people with CFS.

Best regards,

Rich

Article--Mastic Gum Kills Helicobacter pylori

Source: New England Journal of Medicine
    Farhad U. Huwez, M.R.C.P., Ph.D.
    Barnet General Hospital, Barnet, Herts EN5 3DJ, United Kingdom
    Debbie Thirlwell, B.Sc., Alan Cockayne, Ph.D.
    Dlawer A.A. Ala'Aldeen, Ph.D., M.R.C.Path.
    University Hospital, Nottingham NG7 2UH, United Kingdom

Even low doses of mastic gum -- 1 g per day for two weeks -- can cure peptic ulcers very rapidly, but the mechanism responsible has not been clear. We have found that mastic is active against Helicobacter pylori, which could explain its therapeutic effect in patients with peptic ulcers.

Mastic is a resinous exudate obtained from the stem and the main leaves of Pistacia lentiscus. It is used as a food ingredient in the Mediterranean region. Clinically, mastic has been effective in the treatment of benign gastric ulcers (1) and duodenal ulcers. (2) In rats, mastic showed cytoprotective and mild antisecretory properties. (3) We assessed the antibacterial properties of mastic against H. pylori.

The H. pylori strains NCTC 11637 (a standard reference strain) and six fresh clinical isolates (three were sensitive and three were resistant to metronidazole) were maintained by passage on 7 percent horse chocolate blood agar or in IsoSensitest broth (with 5 percent fetal-calf serum) at 37°C in a microaerobic atmosphere (6 percent oxygen and 5 percent carbon dioxide in nitrogen).

Mastic was prepared as a stock solution in ethanol at a concentration of 50 mg per milliliter and diluted in the broth culture (containing 107 cells of H. pylori per milliliter) for a final concentration ranging from 0.0075 to 1.0 mg per milliliter. Ethanol was added to control cultures at appropriate concentrations. The cultures were incubated, 10-µl aliquots were obtained and seeded on agar plates at various times for up to 48 hours, and the minimal bactericidal concentrations (the minimal concentration of drug required to kill 99.9 percent of the organisms in the medium after overnight incubation) were determined.

Mastic killed the H. pylori NCTC 11637 strain and the six clinical isolates (reduction in the viable count by a factor of 1000) irrespective of the organism's level of susceptibility to nitroimidazoles. The minimal bactericidal concentration at 24 hours for all strains that were studied was 0.06 mg of the crude mastic per milliliter. At lower concentrations, bacterial growth was still significantly inhibited, with a clear postantibiotic effect even at the lowest concentration used, 0.0075 mg per milliliter. Mastic induced clear ultrastructural changes in the organism, as demonstrated by transmission electron microscopy (data not shown).

These results suggest that mastic has definite antibacterial activity against H. pylori. This activity may at least partly explain the anti-peptic-ulcer properties of mastic. (1,2) Examination of the anti-H. pylori effect of the various constituents of mastic, which have been recently identified, (4) may pinpoint the active ingredient. Mastic is cheap and widely available in Third World countries; therefore, our data should have important implications for the management of peptic ulcers in developing countries.

References:
    1. Huwez FU, Al-Habbal MJ. Mastic in treatment of benign gastric ulcers. Gastroenterol Japon 1986;21:273-4.
    2. Al-Habbal MJ, Al-Habbal Z, Huwez FU. A double-blind controlled clinical trial of mastic and placebo in the treatment of duodenal ulcer. J Clin Exp Pharm Physiol 1984;11:541-4.
    3. Al-Said MS, Ageel AM, Parmar NS, Tariq M. Evaluation of mastic, a crude drug obtained from Pistacia lentiscus for gastric and duodenal anti-ulcer activity. J Ethnopharmacol 1986;15:271-8.
    4. Papageorgiou VP, Bakola-Christianopoulou MN, Apazidou KK, Psarros EE. Gas chromatographic-mass spectroscopic analysis of the acidic triterpenic fraction of mastic gum. J Chromatogr 1997;769:263-73.

Leo Galland MD of New York City is well known for his expertise with chronic gastric disorders, intestinal permeability ("leaky gut syndrome"), ulcers, and dyspepsia. This work has led him to use mastic gum with his patients, especially when H. pylori is present. Says Dr Galland on mastic gum, "I am treating patients with dyspepsia and gastritis who also have Helicobacter in the stool. I do not use synthetic antibiotics, just mastic gum. In my experience, a dosage of 500mg to 1 gram twice a day for two weeks has produced a clearing of symptoms associated with the elimination of the Helicobacter antigen from the stool. Ninety percent experience a clearing of symptoms, and 80% experience an elimination of Helicobacter in the stool after only two weeks.
  5. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

Tiger- thanks for bringing up home-made kefir. I'd never looked into that before. The store bought kind never worked for me and seemed fattening as it seemed very sugary and also so sweet it was probably feeding the yeast. I'm going to try making my own kefir.

I just read this at a site that tell you how: "Kefir contains vitamins A, B and C, lactic acid, antibiotics, antiviral agents, anti-cancer agents and 0.1% alcohol."" That's great as I can't take synthetic vitamins. Do you make your own kefir?

http://www.rwood.com/Recipes/Kefir_Homemade.htm

Rich, mastic gum sounds like a good remedy for us for H. pylori. Thanks for posting that.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/03/2009]
  6. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

Yes, I've been making Kefir now for a couple of years and it is very easy to make. You just need to find someone who will either give you some kefir grains, or go onto the internet and find someone in your area you can get some from. You can't buy grains in the store. "Real" kefir grains will live forever if you take good care of them. They continuously multiply so when you have too many you can either start eating them, or giving them away. They can also be put to sleep and reawakened at a later date.

If you Google Kefir and Dom, he has an amazing web-site that will teach you everything you ever wanted to know about Kefir. He also has a Yahoo group which is really good.
  7. street129

street129 New Member

i have decided to take the antibiotics, and i am not feeling well today at all, i cannot continue taking these pills. i bought the mastica gum, for the h. ployri. i will see if that works, i go back to my dr. in 2 weeks, i'll asks for another test in 2 weeks. can someone re-asure me, mastica gum will really help my h.plyori.

I HAVE CANDIDA AND MUCOUS IS STARTING TO COME UP IN MY MOUTH LIKE BEFORE, WHERE I HAVE TO BE SPITTING. TO ME THAT IS A SIGN THAT THE ANITBIOTICS HAS TRIGGER THE CANDIDA.I WAS TOLD IN THE WHOLE FOOD STORE YESTERDAY, THAT ANITBIOTICS WHIPPED OUT GOOD AND BAD BACTERIA, AND WHEN THAT HAPPEN, YOU GET SICK, I'M FEELING SO AWFUL.

I WAS FEELING NOT THIS BAD WHILE TAKING OTHER DIFFERENT ANTI FUNGAL STUFF FOR THE CANIDID, BUT AS SOON AS I GOT ON THOSE ANITBIOTICS, I FEEL WEAK, AND VERY SICK.

THANKS FOR THE HELP OF OTHER THINGS I CAN USE.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/04/2009]
  8. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

I hope you start feeling better Street. I see you are doing everything you can to try to help yourself.

Tiger- We have a freeze-dried Kefir starter package at our health food store that I'm going to try.
  9. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

I'm going to order a Kefir starter kit. Plants die under my "wonderful" care. With brain fog, I need help.

Both antibiotics and antifungal cause a die-off reaction. Take a smaller dose.

Dairy products are mucus producers, kefir lives on lactose (dairy sugar). A 3rd thing that works for me is a nasal wash. The NielMed one works the best IMO. I got mine at Target. It uses baking soda and salt. It really breaks up the mucus. The salt can burn if you have an active sinus infection but in 5 min., I can breathe!
  10. street129

street129 New Member

glad to know about both anitibiotics and antifungal causing die-off, i've been taking so much anti-fungal together, like 4-5, not knowing that might be the problem. once again thanks
    [This Message was Edited on 10/06/2009]