Any suggestions for BLOAT (legs, face especially)??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sleepyinlalaland, Nov 21, 2006.

1. sleepyinlalaland

sleepyinlalaland New Member

This is for my 22 year-old daughter. She has one mysterious ailment after another and I've been sure since her mid-teens that she has CFS. Anway, her latest symptom is rather extreme and painful bloating, especially her legs and...(according to her), her HEAD! She says it hurts to wear the cap that she normally wears and that it bearly fits her now.

She suspected that maybe a couple of beers over the weekend instigated it. She normally does not drink AT ALL because wine or other alcohol gives her instant migraine. She has been able to ocassionally enjoy a beer without problems, but maybe that goes on the no-non list too. She is a few days into her period, so it's not normal PMS bloat (I remember I used to have bloat problems before my period but they always dissolved like magic the day my period started).

Anyone have suggestions to help relieve this discomfort or any guesses on what the underlying reason might be? She is a student and doesn't have a regular doctor.

THANKS in advance.
  2. sleepyinlalaland

sleepyinlalaland New Member

I agree, I don't think it sounds normal.

Then again, she has a long history of health situations that seemed really scarry, that (after an ER trip) turned out to be ...nothing! So, sadly, one becomes hesitant to go that route. In her teens she was seen for symptoms that mimiced gallstones, appendicitis, kidney inflamation, a uterine cyst and (most scarily) an emergency visit to an oncologist that a phsyican insisted upon after feeling huge "unusual" bumpy nodes in her groin. All these things (I'm sure I'm forgetting several) turned out to be ...NOTHING!

So, I'm sure this also will go away, but I certainly am anxious for the secrets of CFS to become more apparent to the medical community! It will be nice to stop feeling crazy. Thanks again.
  3. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

I don't think bloat is a usual symptom of CFS/ME. If this persists, I think she should see a doctor.
  4. rigby

rigby New Member

I get this in the back of my head but I have neck problems. Had to have MRI. I can hardly stand to wear my glasses because it swells and hurt. When bad I have to go in for a steriod shot which helps to reduce the swelling. Sharon