Any suggestions for quick fix fatigue?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by baanders, Oct 1, 2006.

1. baanders

baanders New Member

Coffee upsets my stomach. Cola has too much sugar. Hot chocolate doesn't help too much. CoQ10 I'm still experimenting with. I've been exercising. I get enough sleep.

thanks, what works for you?

baanders
  2. baanders

baanders New Member

thank God. That's what makes this so mysterious. Thanks for the suggestion.

I like the exercise suggestion

:)

Thank you
    baanders
  3. baanders

baanders New Member

What a great idea...it's a powerful antioxidant. Will it hurt my stomach and upset my irritable bowel syndrome? Does it cause nervousness?

baanders
  4. Kayleen

Kayleen New Member

I use a sublingual B-complex. It is a liquid that comes in a bottle with a dropper. You just put it under your tongue. It doesn't bother my stomach like most pills do.
    You can get it at the "big box" store in the vitamin isle.
    Kayleen
  5. Marta608

Marta608 Member

.... but malic acid taken in the right combo with magnesium works. I've tried the one here with viamins and minerals in it but unfortunately didn't find it as effective as a product called Fibralgia made by Nature's Sunshine. It has a balance of malic acid and mag. that energizes quite naturally. The directions call for 1 3x daily but that's too much for me. Of course, I'm odd with meds.

Marta
  6. saddlebred

saddlebred New Member

My blood work showed I was anemic and have low potassium. I take 99mg of potassium a day plus 28mg iron a day. That has seemed to help. walk everyday and try to take a 30 min. catnap in the middle of the day that REALLLLY helps.
  7. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

You've had some wonderful suggestions already, I too take the B12 sublingual tablets that they sell here at Pro Health and they're wonderful.

I also wouldn't want to do without my Coenzyme Q10's that I buy here too.

Also wanted to add that since I started just having fruit for breakfast my mornings are so much easier.

No chemical additives, no processes...just plain good ole fruit, works wonderful.

Hugs,

Nancy B
    [This Message was Edited on 10/01/2006]
  8. yodasmom

yodasmom New Member

How much COQ10 do you take? I take 100mg but read it should be 200..expensive. Also how much B12?
  9. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I take Coenzyme Q10 50mg twice a day. Once in my morning meds and once again in the afternoons.

I don't take the B12 sublinguals everyday but if I'm especially tired and need to do something, it gets me through it without any nasty side effects.

And I buy my supplements here so a portion of the proceeds goes to research. And if you're not satisfied, they have a great return policy.

Coffee, colas, sugar will all drop you like a rock after the initial jolt of energy but the B12 won't do that.

Hugs,

Nancy B
    [This Message was Edited on 10/02/2006]
  10. Erotika2

Erotika2 New Member

I've had CFS for a year and a half.....I found this trick out (on my own)...... Plain cut up raw pineapple.....it turns your fatigue around 9 times out of 10. Don't ask me what's it in - but its been my lifesaver! Can't live without it and I've wanted to let others know, see if it does the same for them.
    *** Doesnt seem to work for me with fruit in general....just pineapple!
    Good luck.
  11. baanders

baanders New Member

upping the coQ to 200 mg, if I can remember. The B vitamins are great, but they make me nervous. The pineapple contains bromine...an antinflammatory. I think pain leads to exhaustion. I do take malic acid. My dad told me to take ribose and I have more energy and less pain.

thanks
    baanders