Any Suggestions or Ideas Please

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by louiesgirl2, Oct 9, 2008.

1. louiesgirl2

louiesgirl2 New Member

I am being weaned off Lexapro 20mg. Now taking 5 mg/day. I am feeling great mentally like my old self. However, my pain level is a 10. I do not want to go back on antidepressents as I walk around like a zombie. Lyrica does not work for me, too many side effects. Pain meds are useless.

Any suggestion, natural or otherwise would be great.

2. mujuer

mujuer New Member

I have tried alot of things since my dd five years ago and the only thing that has worked really well for me has been a muscle relaxer. I tried Robaxin to start with but it didn't help and then they put me on Cyclobenzeprene which is a generic for Flexeril and when I have a flare it is the only thing that helps. That is my suggestion. P
  3. findmind

findmind New Member

I think if you rename your post, you'll get more replies: EX: Going off Lexapro, What To Use for Pain?

Neurontin helps my FM enormously, but acupuncture did the most for it. Six treatments and I was mostly painfree for almost 6 years.

hope you find what works for you!
  4. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

This helps some people. Do a google search, also a search on this board. Also, I agree - rename your post to be more specific - e.g., need help with pain, etc. You'll probably get more responses.