ANY SUGGESTIONS TO CURB SUGAR ADDICTIONS??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by app5775, Nov 13, 2006.

1. app5775

app5775 New Member

I know that some of my FM/CFS problems have to do with yeast infections (possibly systemic) coupled with always having bladder infections and being on antibiotics. I do take Diflucan but I can't seem to curb my sweet tooth. I swear I could live on ice cream and sugar made goodies. Has anyone tried accupuncture or is there anything out there to try to curb one from eating sweet stuff other than just plain cold turkey not eating sweets at all..thats not working very well for me. I do realize I'd feel better if I wouldn't eat alot of sweet stuff. Man thats hard. I take a priobotic everyday(sp). Any suggestions would be appreciated.
  2. jens2angels

jens2angels New Member

I've heard of people taking chromium supplements and it

helping them. I know I used chromium picolinate in the

past to help with metabolism and it helped back then.
  3. app5775

app5775 New Member

Thanks for your suggestion. Do you know how much to take of that supplement that is helpful but not too much to curb the urge for sweets? Does it have other benefits for FM/CFS as well?
  4. monkeykat

monkeykat Member

Hi app5775,
    I was severely ill 2 years ago with severe CFS, Fibromyalgia, and multiple chemical sensitivity.

When I starting seeing a naturopath who does ART (allergy relief technique) a variant form of NAET (nambudripad allergy elimination technique) which is a form of accupressure, the naturopath has been able to clear me energetically from numerous allergies to the point that my health is so much better that I'm not housebound anymore and not constantly reacting to allergens.

When she cleared me of my sugar allergy, I immediately made HUGE strides in decreased sugar addiction. I still like sugar but I don't have to have it and I can go many days now without eating any at all which is amazing for me as I craved it all the time before.

Another thing that also helped decrease my sugar cravings were yeast infections. I had quite a few difference types of yeast in my blood. There is a Dr. Overman who has amazing herbal products that got rid of my yeast infections, as well as Enzyme Solutions 17 and also using a zapper (I use Dr. Overman's Quad zapper as it is much better than Hilda Clark's in my opinion).

I still deal with my psychological addiction to sugar as I got so used to using it as a comfort food; however, I don't have to eat it and don't feel like I'm going to go crazy if I don't have it. Now I'm working on training myself to eat more fresh fruits eat day and eat sugar less days. I also try to use Stevia instead of sugar b/c stevia is actually healthy for you. Raw honey is healthier than sugar too.

Well, that's all:) Hope you get some relief as eating sugar is so bad for the immune system so it would be great to be free of your addiction.

Keep hope alive, Monkeykat
  5. mellaart1011

mellaart1011 New Member

I used to be the same, and know many people who just want sugar

I think it's because you are craving quick energy and sugar gives it to you right away, but then has a really bad outcome
    and burns you out quickely and then you feel the need for more and more

when you crave sugar start eating more carbs or good fatty foods, they will give you more energy for longer periods and not have such bad side effects

it kind of sounds like you need to change your eating habits and find the right nutritional diet for yourself, find healthier ways to get good energy

this is all what I've heard anyways
    hope something helps soon

take care
  6. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

I know this might sound a bit simplistic, but have you ever tried not eating sugar for a few days? I find that the hardest part is making the commitment to not eat sugar. Once the commitment is made, in most cases (I can't vouch for everyone) the craving goes away after the 3rd day of not eating sweets.

Lolalee
  7. app5775

app5775 New Member

Do I understand then that the naturopath person uses basically an accupressure type system somewhat like accupunture? Where does one go about finding someone in this field? I would assume I could try the internet but I don't know of any or heard of any for that matter in my area which is northwest Ohio. I would be interested in finding out more. Are they expensive?
  8. app5775

app5775 New Member

Hi, yes I've tried cold turkey and sometimes it helps but all it takes is one bit and I'm hooked again. I guess will power is the answer but sometimes sweet stuff can be just as addicting as anything else. With the holidays coming on thats not going to help either. Yes I guess I better stock up on fruits to help.