Any Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by DeborahLynn, Mar 8, 2007.

1. DeborahLynn

DeborahLynn Member

Before I was diagnosed with FM/CFS, I went from dr to dr trying to find out what was wrong with me. No medical person suggested FM/CFS-I finally found an article about it in a magazine. I want so much to go back to all those doctors and show them some literature or something to inform them about FM/CFS. Does anyone have a suggestion? It probably needs to be something a doc could read in a short amount of time, but be informative enough to at least make the doctor aware of the validity of FM/CFS, that they are REAL diseases.

I appreciate any feedback!
    Debbie
  2. DeborahLynn

DeborahLynn Member

Come to think of it, wasn't there something about FM at those meetings, too? I will check into your suggestion. I appreciate your reply!
  3. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

It was the D.O. that first suggested CFS due to viruses. I have EBV and CMV...but then it was suggested about metal toxicity as the root cause and sure enough: hair analysis discovered high amounts of Lead, cadmium,arsenic & antimony.

Lead supresses the immune system. I'm chelating these out and feeling much better.
  4. obrnlc

obrnlc New Member

hi debbie!
    I hate to sound cynical, but for so many of them, the only thing to ever get their attention is alot of free perk's from a drug rep--maybe if any deal with a fibro med and the $$$$$$ start appearing, they will send the docs on an all expense trip to some exotic land and give them a 30 minute presentation--after the 3 hours at the poolside bar!
    hopefully the new CDC statements will awaken a few of them, but basically its just us, our computers and our friends on this board! God bless this wonderful source of info and all that are on here!
    have a great day--L