Any suggetions to get a ring off a finger?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Beadlady, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

The diamond on my engagement ring is loose. I can see where at least one prong thingie is not attached like it should be.

Its very hard to get these rings off, but I need to figure out something so I can take them to the jewel shop to have it repaired. For now I'm keeping a band aid over the ring.

2. paulac7

paulac7 Member

...putting your hands into some really cold water (yes I know it hurts), but it will make some 'shrinkage' and you might be surprised at how easily your ring will slide off.

Hope this helps!

Paula >^.^<
  3. spacee

spacee Member

This questions was posted a few years ago and there were some great responses that
    sadly I can't remember. The ring came off.

Feel for you!!
  4. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

This is easy and seems to work pretty well. Take some undiluted liquid hand soap and rub it all over the rings and your finger, You may have to add a little bit of water. Then, keep on twinting it up, arround and off your finger. BTW, it seems to work with warm water too. I never tried cold and my hand are alsways cold and I am trying to warm them all the time.

My knuckles are so much bigger than they used to and it is so hard to get my old rings off. I just got a new one for our almost 50th anniversary nest year and I donpt want to wear it all the time, esp when going shopping, etc.

Hope this works and let me know please.

5. butterflydream

butterflydream New Member

i bumped a post up for you
    Spacee began the post, you will see how i did finally get my Ring Off of Finger

Hope this helps you as it did work for me and i have Never put any rings on since.

Wish you the Best
  6. Gingareeree

Gingareeree New Member

Works like a charm. This tip was given to me by a jewler.