Any suggetions to manage severe fibromyalgia desperate?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by krje01, Jul 21, 2006.

1. krje01

krje01 New Member

I would like any input about managing a severe case of fibromyalgia that I have been on methadone for 15 years but no longer take? I am on effexor xr 150mg , baclofen 10mg & Restroil. I'm drving myselg carzy trying to figure out what do do since I DO NOT WANT TO GO BACK ON METHADONE to control my pain!! Thanks
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

and kolonopin at night time...i have been on everything and supersensitive to meds....

i do have some diluad to for days i know i do not need to go a single solitary place....

but i do have a teen so my time is his....

jodie
  3. charlenef

charlenef New Member

i know what you are going through because right now im not on any meds my stomach is too bad.one of the things that i do is trigger point therapy with a tennis ball.i bought a book off line and have been doing it for awhile and although iam in bed most of the time i hurt less my skin dont hurt anymore it seems to get rid of some pain.you have to do it slowly and work up to what you need to do.im trying to get rid of the knots on my left side. my cmp is so bad there it is what keeps me bed bound .i cant sit or stand for more than like 20 mins at a time or i start to shake from my muscles cramping down. good luck charlene
  4. carebelle

carebelle New Member

Rest and meditate and then do it a hundred times over till you get it right.

I have found It will help me restore calmness to my life. I still have pain but I sometimes can zone out enough from it that I can handle it better now. It doesn't always work but Its all I have ,my doctors will not give me ,nor do I want anything addictive.

But I do understand I have ask before because it was more then I could handle.

Wamps I agree with you ,I think many of us say we rest but we have never really learn the Art of that[This Message was Edited on 07/22/2006]
  5. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Acupuncture has helped my pain a lot. There are quite a few posts here about it and how it has helped others as well. If you can swing it, I think it's worth a try.

Here's hoping that you find something in all this that can help.

Kathy.
  6. If you can find a massage therapist that is able and willing to work with Fibro clients it can change your life. First starting the therapy can be painful because of all the scar tissue in the the muscle. The myofascia will actually stick to the structures such as muscles, tendons and ligaments. Ask around for references and stick to it. You won't be cured but it will help greatly.