Any Supplements you would'nt go without?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tandy, Dec 3, 2006.

1. tandy

tandy New Member

Hi guys~
    I'm just looking for input on supplements that have really made a difference to you and your illness.
    I take the basic,... C,B complex,Magnesium,primal for IBS,... and a couple of others that I don't take daily.
    (just when I think of it)

I'm wanting to add on and I'm just so tired of trying things that have'nt done a darn thing for me!!
    so I figured I'd ask here and get some ideas.

I'd like to adress pain mostly.
    But anything thats helped you alot please mention~
    (brain fog is bad too) :( I heard fish oils good for brain function?

Thanks a whole bunch!
    Hugs
    Tandy
  2. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I have found the fish oils to be good for pain as well as cognitive problems. Another good thing for pain is enzymes as in Proenzyme P from PH. I also take an Adrenal Supp. that really helps my Orthostatic Intolerance.

I'll be interested in other posts.

Kathy
  3. elliespad

elliespad Member

I take a LOT of supplements, But if you want THE MOST helpful, would NEVER go without, then,,,,

1. L-Tryptophan - For sleep. Also takes care of depression, anxiety, food cravings, and a bit with pain.

2. DL-Phenylalanine - For Pain. Also helps take care of tremors, daytime alertnes.

4. GABA - For sleep. Also helps with calming brain, and mood.

So out of the 30 or more I take, those are the ones I do NOT go without. In that order.
  4. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

Hi Tandy,
    I couldn`t live without...

Spirulina, Flaxseed Oil and Lecithin.
    These have dramatically improved my energy levels, memory and joint problems of past.

and...

Olive Leaf Extract with Echinacea to fight infections every time!

Not seen a Doctor for years...

love Pat.
  5. Catseye

Catseye Member

I'm taking about 30 supplements right now. I had taken most of them before, sometimes frequently, others I "tried" to see if they did anything. Of course, I'm taking the ones you mentioned. But I wasn't getting far until I started taking them all at the same time. Now I'm recovering very quickly. If I had to pick just a few, I wouldn't get the same effect. Cheney says to add a new supplement every 2 weeks to make sure it sets well with you. But I was already out of patience. I got everything together and took them all. Here they are:

electrolyte solution
    magnesium and potassium aspartate
    daily vitamin, mineral, amino formula (daily energy enfusion)
    primrose oil, flax oil, fish oil
    coQ10
    acetyl l carnitine
    ribose
    nadh
    creatine
    alpha lipoic acid
    sam e
    ambrotose
    phosphatidyl choline
    tmg
    msm
    chelated mineral supplement
    b12 shots
    b complex
    carnosine
    arginine
    ornithine
    pancreatin
    betaine hcl
    methionine
    glutamine
    vitamin k
    probiotic
    chlorella
    liver cleanse and liver support pills
    pycnogenal

and a few herbs sometimes: rhodiola, bupleurum, dandelion, burdock, licorice, olive leaf, grapeseed extract.

I say sometimes because I rotate them around.

I had already tried most of this stuff, but just a few at a time and didn't notice much improvement. But I went through Cheney's and Teitelbaum's protocols and I wrote down all the supplements except for some I knew for sure I didn't need. I researched everything thoroughly so I knew what I was taking and why and if it would hurt my liver (I had hep c).

The stuff I didn't already have I ordered and I started taking everything. Now I'm on this board. I could barely use the computer a month ago. It took me a long time to go through the protocols but it was worth it. I still read through Cheney's because I still have some brain fog and I forget alot of it. I can't even remember what all of this stuff is for unless I check my notebook.

If you add stuff every 2 weeks, don't give it up unless it makes you feel bad. And then make sure that isn't just detox, which is a good sign.

I can't live without any of this stuff and I won't try. At least until I think I can get along without them and I'll start eliminating stuff one by one and see what happens. Even if I have to take them forever, it's worth it. karen
  6. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I find I don't see a lot of visible results from many supps, but Probiotics definitely make a noticeable difference. I have Leukemia, too, and after months of chemo and strong IV antibiotics, as you can imagine, my gut health was awful. Leukemics can't have them while in treatment (nor yogurt, fresh fruits & veggies---anything that might possibly have bacteria, good or bad) due to the possibility of infection, but once my treatment was over---but I was still dealing with the effects of my stomach lining being virtually destroyed---and my doc gave me the green light, I started probiotics again---within 2 weeks, I was normal again stomach-wise. Really was a life-saver (or, gut-saver, I guess)!

Hugs,
    Pam
  7. kholmes

kholmes New Member

One supplement that has been invaluable to me is Seriphos (phosphorylated serine). It's greatly helped with adrenal problems I've had, especially excess cortisol in the evening. I order it online. It has a calming effect and has been a part of my sleep cocktail for a while.
    [This Message was Edited on 12/03/2006]
  8. tandy

tandy New Member

The input has helped~
    I'll search a few and order soon :)

I apreciate your answers
    Hugs'
    Tandy
  9. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I don't think it has a thing to do with pain, but it is important in heart health. It is, acutally, the only supplement I take, but I always take it.

(-:

Good replys...lots to consider. Thanks for posting the topic.

Sue
  10. tandy

tandy New Member

Folic acid~

Thats one of been hearing more and more.
    Selenium too.

still deciding on a couple,...
    Thanks everyone!
  11. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

Milk thistle for the liver and probiotics for the gut

Love Bunchy xx

PS I also use a green food supplement and I think it helps a little with energy
  12. turtlesyndrome

turtlesyndrome New Member

I noticed L-Tryptophan was listed. I was wondering where one gets L-Tryptophan and what form is it taken in? I know that it is in milk and turkey.