Any Texas Fibro People Out There?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TxSongBird, May 12, 2006.

1. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

I am from the North Central Texas area and wondered if there were any other fellow North Texas Fibro members on here. I would love to hear from those that live around the Dallas area. I don't know of any meetings or support groups that are for my area, but would love to know.

TxSongBird
  2. jenni4736

jenni4736 New Member

If you click on support groups @the top of page, there is a place to put in your zipcode or city. I am in the DfW area. I know there is one in Euless but I do not attend.

The listings will have a contact # and E-mail. You might try that.

Good luck,
    jenni
  3. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

I tried that and Euless is just too far for me to drive. I was hoping that there was one in the Plano, North Dallas area. There use to be a Plano meeting about 10 years ago and it was highly attended, but I lost contact with the group and haven't received any mailings from them in a long time.

TxSongBird
  4. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

Good to know there are other people close by. How is your day going? I am so glad it is Friday in one sense and yet it will be a very stressful weekend.

TxSongBird
  5. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

but I live in Gladewater, which is close to Tyler Longveiw area.

It is neat to meet other fibro people that are near.

Pamela
  6. texasmaia

texasmaia New Member

I am a fellow Texan...way up in the Panhandle though! Wanted to say hello and welcome Song Bird. Have you been in Dallas area very long?

We farm north of Amarillo. I love it here, though I was raised in Wyoming, Colorado and Montana. I miss the water and the mountains, but I get to go see family often. Been here 20 years now. Raised all my children and now the grandchildren are coming along.

Blessings to Ya'll,
    Maia
  7. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

I am a native Texan, born in a town called McKinney, Texas and lived in Plano, Texas. Good to see we have some Texans on here. How is everyone's Fibro treating them? I ordered the Fibro Cane yesterday to try and work the knots out of my back that lovely Fibro creates.

TxSongBird
  8. jenni4736

jenni4736 New Member

It's too bad we aren't all closer to each other. We could just start our own support group locally. I am going to keep looking songbird. I am interested in finding a local group myself but the one in Euless is about 30 minutes from me. I realize now, it's really far for you.

I have friends who grew up in McKinney so I am familiar with the area a bit. I've been within 10 miles of Six Flags most of my life. All of my (non-toxic) family is near.

Let me know if you have any luck and I will do the same.

jenni
  9. jenemc

jenemc New Member

I live close to Texarkana.

jennie