Any Thoughts For A Healthy (not long term) Fasting?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ksp56, Apr 22, 2008.

1. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I feel as if I am sluggish, as well as my entire body. While I use herbs and supplements, and eat pretty healthy, I would like to try something, other than a colonic cleansing, which would enrich my body.

I know how to do 'unhealthy' fasting (lol), but would appreciate info from others who might have tried something they think helped them.

Thanks for any suggestions and information!

2. sisland

sisland New Member

I've heard of Juice fasts before and Bullion,,jello,,,Tea,,,but not more than for 2 days,,,,,Sis
  3. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Thank you for replying! I think I'll head to my favorite health food shop, get some idea's from them, also!

4. teacher

teacher New Member

The David fast. Fresh fruit, vegetables, juice and water.

One lady had done it for 10 days. Others only did it for like two or three days. I was sick during that time and had totally forgotten about it until now, so I can't tell you how they fared.

Good luck
  5. Catseye

Catseye Member

Why don't you just try adding some green juices to your diet? That's what I'm doing and I think it's really helping. I drink it between meals and a masticating type of juicer is best.

If you have adrenal fatigue and use lots of spinach, put some salt in there to counteract the effect of all that potassium on the adrenals.

6. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Some religious groups fast on juice for about 14 hours once a month. You could juice betts and veggies. Or you could get a colonoscopy as then you will be fasting a couple of days YIKES!

I think that fresh air and water good diet and staying away from caffeine and sugar for a day or two work well.

7. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I appreciate your 'tips' and suggestions!

There are numerous, great picks, which helps!

We are leaving on vacation, early tomorrow. I will go over this post again, when we return!

Thanks, again!