ANY TIPS ON A BIRTHDAY PARTY FOR MYSELF?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fungirl2100, Feb 1, 2007.

1. fungirl2100

fungirl2100 New Member

Hello friends,

My birthday is approaching this Monday Feb. 5th. I will be the big 34. My husband has decided to have a small get together with just family to celebrate. I hope I can do it.

I have been worn out all week especially due to the fact that I am coming of an adverse effect a super bad one that I had with Trazadone. I hope I am okay by then.

I plan on doing appetizizers things of that nature. I am hoping that some will bring appetizers as well. I am too tired to start playing Betty Crocker or Martha Stewart.

Would it be wrong to suggest to like my mom that I need help. I know my hubby will but he has been in a bad pain flare with his back & just had injections done the other day.

Any suggestions or advice would be welcome!!

love your friend,
    Fun
  2. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

Happy Birthday in advance! This is YOUR day so it is definitely ok to ask for help. You don't want to be too sick from cooking to enjoy your own birthday party.

You could order food. Or pick up premade stuff at the grocery store. Do as LITTLE as possible. Heck order pizza!

For our christmas eve dinner we got frozen meatballs and frozen quiches and precut ham and lunch meat with rolls for people to make mini sandwiches. We had a tray of veggies and cheese and pepperoni. All stuff that had little to no preparation. Just finger stuff. But it was all tasty!

Whatever you have to do to enjoy the day and not tire yourself out.

Hope you have a great day!!!

Take Care and HAPPY BIRTHDAY,
    Pam
  3. momXtwo

momXtwo New Member

Okay, don't do anything at all, girlfriend. Seriously. Decide on your favorite restaurant, make reservations, maybe even a little private room, and everybody meet there, eat there, and THEY clean up and you get to go home, relax, and if you want to, have some (store baked) cake and coffee.

The next day, you'll feel like you really had a birthday because you won't be in horrid pain.

Happy Birthday, my new friend!

Stephanie
    [This Message was Edited on 02/01/2007]
  4. fungirl2100

fungirl2100 New Member

It's part my birthday part superbowl party. Go figure with my husband being a big Bears fan..ha ha...
    I appreciate the suggestions. Money is very, very tight.
    So we have to be as frugal as possible. We just made our mortgage payment by the skin of our teeth.

So, thanks again & keep the suggestions coming friends.

love-
    Fun ;)
  5. fungirl2100

fungirl2100 New Member

It's part my birthday part superbowl party. Go figure with my husband being a big Bears fan..ha ha...
    So we have to be as frugal as possible. We just made our mortgage payment by the skin of our teeth.

love-
    Fun ;)
  6. fungirl2100

fungirl2100 New Member

love-
    Fun ;)
  7. momXtwo

momXtwo New Member

Do you have anything like a Studio Movie Grill where you are? Here, it's a place where you can watch movies while having dinner, BUT they also have a bar area with a HUGE, HUGE television screen spanning the length of a wall. Every superbowl, they have it open, people can eat, watch the Superbowl, order appetizers, drink, be merry whatever.

You should look into this! Everyone pays their own way, you don't clean up, you leave when you're tired. Bring a B-day cake in, and add it to the celebration.

My first suggestion of going out to dinner somewhere else still stands if this doesn't pan out -- too much work. OR hubby can *behind your back* plan a little surprise at someone else's house!

Gentle hugs,
    Stephanie
  8. fungirl2100

fungirl2100 New Member

Hi Steph :)

So nice to hear from you once again. I wish we had something like that around here. The party will be pretty much just family. My mom & my father-in-law everyone else had plans. Phew. My husband's grandpa may stop by, but it was short notice & since I am in Chicago & the Bears are in the bowl everyone pretty much had plans.

I am thinking maybe celebrating on a more wide scale next week at a restaurant!!

Thanks to all my loving friends with their words of wisdom.

YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!!

love your friend-
    dawn :)
  9. fungirl2100

fungirl2100 New Member

Hi Huck,

Thanks for the kind words. They are so many supportive & very nice people on this board. It just moves so fast I can barely keep up with it. You miss a few days on the board & forget about it!!

The party went well. Chicago had some freezing cold weather so my mom & my father-in-law (whom stayed for 1/2 an hour) nice guy huh? My husband did all the cooking & cleaning up. I only baked brownies & made jello *my mom is diabetic & just had her 3rd heart surgery* so I wanted to respect her diet. It was nice & quiet. Would have been lots better had the Chicago Bears won, but oh well they didn't deserve it after they played the way they did.

By the way Huck, if you like sports, I am your gal. I follow Football pro & college, some basketball & baseball.
    I'm a rare breed.

My hubby used to play Division I football back in the day. Probably why his back is so screwed up now.

Thank you again for the kind note & the Happy Birthday. Seems none of the friends I hang out that are still talking to me have remembered.

Oh, well I know I have you guys. I am thankful for that!!

love your new friend,
    fungirl (Dawn)
  10. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

pillow not included.

Watch the sugar: "Viruses breathe sugar" says William Wong N.D. Try starchy appetizers like TGI Fridays potatoe skins.
  11. fungirl2100

fungirl2100 New Member

I wish I could cash in that gift card right now, but I am at work. Be pretty bad to see one of the bosses crashed out at her desk.. ha ha..

Thanks for the gift. It gave me a huge smile.

love your friend,
    fun