Any tips on balancing life with energy levels, tasks/etc

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kimelia, Jan 4, 2006.

1. Kimelia

Kimelia New Member

Hey y'all. Just wondering if you guys have tips on keeping a clean house, cooking and working and anything else you want to include.. I get my house close to where I want it, don't have time to upkeep for a few days and it's a mess again. With a busy schedule and lack of energy it's so hard.

I do use my crockpot which is nice. But dishes seem to pile up fast when you eat healthy like we do.

Any input on any subject concerning this would be appreciated :)
  2. unbalanced

unbalanced New Member

The best suggestion I can give is to listen to your body. If you're exhausted one day then rest, if you aren't on another day then do whatever you can!! I normally take small breaks throughout the day, I will rest my brain & body from 15-40 min. I lay down, relax, sleep if I fall asleep, I always get up feeling rejuvenated, even if I rested for 15 min.I will do a major cleaning once a week, then to stay on top of things the rst of the time by picking up & washing dishes as they are dirtied. My family is a big help with the dishes part, after anyone cooks & eats the dishes are then washed, left to air dry & when I happen to go through the kitchen I'll take the 1-2 min to put them away. If everyone picks up after themselves then there isn't alot to do at one time. I'll even do a quick wipe down in the bathroom once a day, usually when I wash my hands I'll take a look around & wipe down things if needed. Also, if the whole family picks up at night before bed then you get up to a clean house, & you might only have to run the vacuum. I had to sit my family down & tell them I just couldn't do all of the housework on my own anymore, & told the children what was expected of them daily to help mom out. It doesn't always happen without a kid putting up a fuss, but, it always gets done. My 5 year old little girl even helps! This makes her feel like she is a "big kid" & little ones always love to help & feel important!!
  3. angeljoe

angeljoe New Member

I try everyday to clean a couple of rooms a day. I do a load of laundry everyday to keep that pile down. I rinse and load my dishwasher even if I don't have a full load (hiding that mess lol) I'm a big crock pot person too. It saves time and also you aren't wiped out by cooking a big meal after trying to clean. I use to be a clean FREAK, but now I try more to just keep the downstairs clean. I don't make beds every single day anymore. I just pull the covers back up. No tucking in corners or fluffing pillows anymore.
    I just try to break up my cleaning over a couple of days. I do keep our downstairs bathroom clean. (never know who will stop by) My upstairs bathrooms I only clean once a week. I do one this day ant the other on a different day.
    I have found that if I overdo it on a good day the next day will be a tough one.
    I'll be checking back on this post, because I could use some tips too.

Angela
  4. Zzzsharn

Zzzsharn New Member

2 words: PAPER PLATES

:)
  5. Kimelia

Kimelia New Member

Sorry it took me so long to reply back to my own post. Have not had access to online since I posted this. Great ideas. I actually thought about paper plates recently and might start doing that, it sure would save some effort, even plastic silverware would help i'm sure...

I'm starting to clean a few rooms at a time. Today was the kitchen and living room. tomorrow I'll hit the bedroom and my bath probably. There's always the over flow of papers to deal wtih and onslought of calls to keep up with, weeeeeeeeee :)