Any with acute pain in area of upper arm where injections are giv

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Cactuslil, Jul 25, 2003.

1. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

Adios Amigos!

Been working on getting things right about this acute sleep apnea thing and getting acquainted w/my dear CPAC et al. I believe I'm up and running, breathing wise that is...

As most of us have spinal stenosis w/entrapment or DDD or all, as I have all, I have a new thing happening and that is an acute, scream aloud as it can be sudden although I'm learning to avoid it....it, the pain is worse than sciatica and the locale is right in the area where we are trained to give IM's in the arm. Right now I justhave "it" in the left arm but I've noticed since my man-handling by the EMS back late April I've really "gone down". Muscular strength is a joke. If I extend either arm I run the risk of this horrific pain in that spot.

Any one else have this hit them? CactusLil'
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This is in the same area as one of our major tender points. I wonder if this has anything to do with it.

Hopefully, as you and your CPAP machine get better acquainted, you will start getting some more energy as your sleep isn't interrupted so much.

Take care of yourself.

Love, Mikie
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Mikie is right, that is one of our pressure points. Try rubbing it a little, it always helps. It could be in a spasm (knot). Those hurt the worst.

I sincerely hope that your CPAC helps with your sleep, you will feel so much better if you get some uninterrupted nightly rest.

You take care my friend, and do not be a stranger around here, I miss you!

Give Will a hug for me, and have him give you one for me too :)

Take care and God bless................

Shalom, Shirl
  4. ozgran

ozgran New Member

Even if my massuer pulls my arm out to massage it ( and she does it slowly cos' she knows) I will give a loud gasp. It just hurts so much I can't help it.Feel a bit like an idiot but it just happens. It is maddening isn't it? Love Ozgran
  5. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

The ONLY reason I have not been here is due to a sudden decline in my heretofore "lucky" streak of wellness. I'm really not quite the fighter you guys first met...something of which I'm partially atleast proud of....I did not take this thing with grace as you will surely remember and forgive!
    This pain in that "L" area is the most acute pain I have had thusfar...thank heaven it is brief and YES Shirl I immediately rub the area briskly.
    Summers are always rough though. Since getting the CPAC I really rest. I am like Pavlov's Dog though, I better be ready to die in that bed; once that O2 hits I'm a zombie! I've the ramp at 1-hour from 20 mins as it was kicking in too soon but I took to it from the moment it hit me in the sleep study. I was an 11 which I think is about in the middle.
    Mikie, you sound better than the last time I was reading responses. You and Shirl are both some strong women! CactusLil'
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I am finally better after a couple of months of problems from the Red Tide here, a mold problem under my sink, and a sinus infection.

You can't fool me, lady; you are one strong woman and you handle yourself with grace and dignity and always have the welfare of others in your heart. You never give up and you just keep on keepin' on. You are my heroine and give me strength.

I have missed you too and look forward to seeing you here more as you start feeling better. We have lots of new members here who would love getting to know you.

Love, Mikie