Any1 NOT gain weight??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lalasland, Nov 24, 2005.

1. lalasland

lalasland New Member

I'm scared 2 death...I just started Effexor & have gained a good 7-8 pound's!!!...I'm depressed as it is...I think I would get more so if I thought I was going 2 gain 50lb's!!!...I've been very careful all my life 2 eat properly & 2 gain 4 no reason is a %#%^&^*...Anyway..Thanksgiving is not the best day 2 worry about it I guess!!!...Enjoy....La
  2. schaken

schaken New Member

lalasland,

Sorry but I have a weird metabolism. I was up to 180 when I was diagnosed. I started on milnapricin, and lost 20 in the time period that I took that.

Now I am on cymbalta and I am down to 150. I am 5 ft 10.

I have had this strange metabolism since my early 20s when I was diagnosed with low blood sugar.

The doctor I have now told me to eat 5 small meals or snacks a day to maintain or loose excess weight. With my bone structure I should weigh between 140 and 150.

Hope you don't gain any more.

Happy Turkey Day.

Leslie
  3. lalasland

lalasland New Member

I'm 58 & 5'10 & my weight has always been around 135-140ish...I was about 150 this A.M....Not eating any different...Maybe it just takes time 2 ajust 2 new meds...1 hopes...Thanks 4 reply...I'm new on site...I just love it!!....La
  4. millennia

millennia New Member

I gained about 50 pounds on effexor, it has been a good year since I stopped taking it and I just can't lose the weight. It is depressing!
  5. goldenrod

goldenrod New Member

I was only on effexor for a very short period - maybe 6 months for anxiety and I did not gain any weight. hated it, terrible sexual side effects and coming off it was horrible with the shock sensations.
    Mark
  6. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

no im not gaining weight, am 8st 4 and size 10 but have a big bum though ~ does that count?

i think its because i do my best for that day, if you know what i mean?
    you get more done in a day by doing a bit and resting and doing a bit more.
  7. kalaya

kalaya New Member

I have never taken effexor personaly but I do know a few people who have and each one gain far to much weight while on it.One woman that I know weighed 130lbs before effexor and is now at 200lbs and counting while still on it.We all react differently to the meds but I have seen to many posts to count where people give there testimonies on severe weight gain from effexor.
    You may want to try Wellbutrin instead of effexor due to Wellbutrins history of causing weight loss and not weight gain.God bless.
    [This Message was Edited on 11/25/2005]
  8. Chelz

Chelz New Member

Effexor is not the only one. Elavil and Paxil are horrible, how in the world could anyone feel better about taking these drugs and GAINING weight. I have been there, I gained 100 pounds on these drugs and have never fully recoverd from it. I just don't understand. Hugs Chelz.