Anybody being diagnosed with diverticulitis.......

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lucky, Jul 31, 2006.

1. lucky

lucky New Member

I have been diagnosed with diverticulitis and I wonder if it is due to our weak immune system.

Would be interested to know if anybody else suffers from it?

Thanks for your replies, Lucky
  2. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

I don't know much, but I think it's hereditary, me and my mom both have it. There are many types, though.
  3. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

what were your symptoms and how were you diagnosed? What are you doing to treat it? I am having a colonoscopy in a couple of weeks.

Raz
  4. lucky

lucky New Member

I was diagnosed after I had a scan but had also a colonoscooy a couple of weeks ago. The results I am getting in August, and since the doctor talked about operation, I am very curious to see the results.

The symptoms are mostly coming on when you least expect it with severe pain on the left side of your intestines right below your waist which radiates over the whole lower abdomen. Also you are very fatigued with it and have other digestive problems and lots of bloating. Usually an antibiotic helps to clear up the infection. But the pain is so severe and makes you quite sick. I asked the doctor if a certain diet would help, but it is not helping either.

I am quite sure since I do not remember anybody suffering from it within my own family that it is probably related to CFS and the dysfunct immune system. Also stress does not help.

Your colonoscopy will tell if you have diverticulitis. I hope you don't have it because it is not pleasant.

If you have any more questions, I am most happy to answer them, Lucky