Anybody Crave fresh air??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tandy, Mar 4, 2003.

1. tandy

tandy New Member

I know this seems like an oddball question~but what the hey!! Do you's ever snap out of your fog,fatigue,FM state....(if even for a minute)by stepping outside and taking some deep breathes of air?? Sometimes when I'm really hitting rockbottom with the FM fatigue and all,dry eyes,fogginess,etc. I'll crave fresh air...yes even in the winter!!And when do,I feel a little bit better.(does'nt last long,but it helps for alittle bit!!) Sometimes I just don"t feel like i'm getting enough air!??? Anybody else??
    Please don't say "nope,its gotta be just you'.
    Thanks for any replys!!
    I'm glad to have a place to ask these off the wall questions!!
    Regards,
    Tracey
  2. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

I LIVE WHERE THE AIR IS VERY THIN AT 8900 ft, so I find myself gulping for enough oxygen frequently...especially, walking upstairs..and sometimes, I feel like I really need an oxygen mask...but at least, the air is not polluted where I live and the skies are vividly blue...so yes, I frequently breathe in as much air as I can..and I find that consciously breathing deeply lends an air of relaxation...
  3. LErdman

LErdman New Member

Not at all an oddball question! I live in PA and everyone is complaining about the snow. Well I like the way everything seems so clean and the air is crisp and FRESH.

It does feel good to breath it in even though the tiredness does come back. One thing I have learned from this illness is "Stop and smell the roses." OR "fresh air!"

LErdman
  4. LeLeHpr

LeLeHpr New Member

I crave fresh air all the time...Especially when under a lot of stress...I want to run through grassy fields and roll around..LOL Oh, to be like a puppy belly up in the sunshine...
  5. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

I do that too! No matter how cold it is outside, I love to step outside for fresh air! I'm usually hot all the time, so it feels so good! Part fibro, part menopause I think. Anyway, I'm glad you wrote this because I know it's not "only me" either!
  6. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

I do that too! No matter how cold it is outside, I love to step outside for fresh air! I'm usually hot all the time, so it feels so good! Part fibro, part menopause I think. Anyway, I'm glad you wrote this because I know it's not "only me" either!
  7. tandy

tandy New Member

I just wanted to add......When I do step outside for a few deep breathes of fresh air,I can feel prickling in my fingertips!! I wonder if others get this too? makes me really think that we FM'ers are'nt getting enough oxegen!!
    (that word does'nt look right???)too darn tired to go look for a dictionary~lol
    Tracey
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Getting enough oxygen. Read Jelly's posts on hypercoagulation.

You can go to our library and read Dr. Paul Cheney's article on breathing. He offers a breathing exercise which helps us utilize our oxygen more efficiently. BTW, for those of us who grew up living at high altitude, our systems are already more efficient at oxygen use. I live at sea level now, but I still do the breathing exercises.

Love, Mikie
  9. bejo

bejo New Member

Same here.I like to go out even when it's 0 and just stand and breath deep.I don't know if it helps my fibro or not but it sure feels good.
  10. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Dr. Cheney, in his article, stated that. Now, if someone is removed from that altitude over a long period of time, I don't know whether their body loses the ability to utilize oxygen more efficiently or not. I'm sure other conditions also affect this. I have always been able to just keep going and going and going at sea level until my fatigue from CFIDS got to me. Many distance runners train at high altitude because of this. There is so little oxygen in the thin air that the body adjusts to utilize what is available from the air.

Now, I've been down here almost six years and on a good day without fatigue or pain, I can swim laps without ever feeling winded or can walk at my targeted maximum heart rate for as long as I want. They were amazed when I took my stress test at how well I was able to do walking on the incline at maximum targeted heart rate. They quit the test when they got the info they needed for fear of triggering a flare, but I could have gone on a lot longer.

Love, Mikie
  11. praisingHim

praisingHim New Member

I do also crave fresh air, and sometime, nearly everyone, I have moments where I feel like I do not get enought air. It passes as quickly as it comes.
  12. HURTSALOT2

HURTSALOT2 New Member

and I feel like I can never get enough of it. Glad to know I am not the only one who feels this way.
    HURTSALOT2
  13. jenna11

jenna11 New Member

Yes..I do!
    I think it has to do with the fact that FM sufferers have poor circulation in general...Taking deep breaths will help increase blood oxygen levels and circulation which will help with the "cloudy head" feeling....

Tip: Try oxygenated water...I drink one every now and then it seems to help too...

jenna