ANYBODY DOES THE LIGHT HURT YOUR HEAD (EYES)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jordane, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Jordane

Jordane New Member

I was just wondering if any body else had this problem.
    The light from a window or going outside in the light.It makes my head hurt,feel pain in my eyes.
    Feel silly but may have to wear sunglasses in the house!!!
    Some of the symptoms I get,I have to wonder if my brain is drying up.:>)
    Take Care!!!
    Jordane
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I wear dark glasses a lot of the time due to this. Also I get the ones with sides on. I often have mine on i the house and on a dull wintry day.

I think it is all another symptom.

Love Anne C
  3. Kalla

Kalla New Member

Yes, I sure have that one. In my house, I sometimes wear sunglasses plus the disposable sunglasses eye doctors provide after dilation. Two pairs of sunglasses -FUN!
  4. starmom

starmom New Member

The light coming from a gap in a curtain or from overhead lighting is very painful sometimes. Sometimes it is better, but not too often. My family teases me about living in a cave.

I am better using a daylight lamp (Ott or Daylight Brand are the ones I have) when I do work that needs light. If I could afford it I would put the daylight bulbs in all our fixtures. As it is, I use lower watt bulbs, and the wraparound sunglasses outside almost all the time.

Oklahoma summers are the pits for me.

Susie
  5. spacee

spacee Member

I keep by bedroom totally darkened with commercial grade black plastic bags...yep. If I am having alot of cognitive problems, I can go lie down for 30 mins to 1 hour and it is amazing how much I improve.

Hugs, Spacee
  6. Bambi

Bambi New Member

with flourescent lights sp?. But I have to keep the house on pretty low
    light and use a lot of candles. I think it drives my husband up the wall at times but he understands and I get the headaches if I don't. Then sometimes it doesn't seem to bother me at all? Go figure.
  7. crdmkr2004

crdmkr2004 New Member

I have dimmer switches, leave my curtains and blinds closed always and my husband used to ask me if I liked living in a dungeon but now he understands. I have to wear sunglasses outside even on hazy days and flourescent sp? lights give me a headache at work. I used to love working the weekends because I would keep the lights off in my office and everyone use to say "how come you don't put the lights on". I think it is part of the Fibro-photsensitivity. I only like the bedside lamps on too, can't stand the main bedroom light on and if I can't sleep and have to turn on the tv in the middle of the night it is excrutiating to try to watch and focus in the dark. HTH
    Take care
    Sandy
  8. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I find that i have sensory overload too.The sunglassa help a lot.Is aybody also photosensitive in their skin.Linda
  9. crdmkr2004

crdmkr2004 New Member

Yes, I have sensitive skin as well. My face turns red within minutes and my arms break out in tiny red spots, I am actually going to see a dermatologist about it too. How about you.
    Sandy
  10. Jordane

Jordane New Member

Its so nice to hear that Im "normal".But boy I feel for ALL of you!!!This is no fun!!
    Did I also get that the noises bother you too??
    Do any of you wear shades while on the computer?? It may come to that for me.If I am on it for awhile,dont laugh:>) but it actually makes me sick.I think its the eye strain.
    Do ANY of you have this??
    Thanks SOO much to all my "family".
    Take Care!!
    Jordane
  11. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Oh Yes and how!! We renovated our home a couple of years ago and had the living area updated with lots of large windows (which seemed like a good idea at the time). When I enter this area after being in my low-light bedroom, it is a shock. The bright light hits me like a lazer and I squint and feel pain. In the mid-afternoon time I have to close the blinds, because it is way too bright. I feel most comfortable in my bedroom, but I don't want to spend the day there.

I know what you mean about wearing sunglasses in the house. I've thought of it.

Lolalee
  12. nice2meetu

nice2meetu New Member

It is horrible! I also get headaches from too much light or too much glare. Night driving is out for me now also due to the headlamps in my eyes.
  13. PainSux

PainSux New Member

Always & for years....even when I don't had a migraine...
  14. HanginginNYC

HanginginNYC New Member

This is especially true when I go to work in the morning to work. I had told a co-worker of mine that the lights hurt my eyes in the morning. It seems to get somewhat better as the day progresses. I also have very dry eyes and my vision can become blurry to where I cannot read anything, even that close. Is it just time for a vision and eye check-up or are all of these symptoms related? My doctor does not seem to think so, but I am not sure. Is anyone else having other vision problems in addition to sensitivity to light? I will definitely have to get some sunglasses! Oh, and I also get lots of pain behind the eyes at times.
  15. Cool_Beans

Cool_Beans New Member

Has anyone had an MRI done??? Sounds like I was before I was diagnosed with migraines...alot of sensitivities...not just light...

Cool
  16. Jordane

Jordane New Member

I cant thank you enough for your support and undestanding.
    Yes I do have migraines.I feel so sorry for all of you who do.And yes I have other problems with my eyes,I think others do too??
    Sometimes what I am reading gets blurry,and doubled.I have to blink a lot to read.I dont mean to sound whiney.I was always told as a child not to complain,just be thankfull that we have enough to eat.And that was saying a lot,food was scarce,11 of us.So I am truly sorry if I sound whiny.
    The Lord does bless us in so many ways.
    He gave me ALL OF YOU!!
    Thank You!
    Jordane
  17. jake123

jake123 New Member

As much as I like to play the slots I have to say the noise element can make me sick.
    Yes, glaring light and really bright light, especially if I'm already on the road to a headache, can make me nauseous.
    I have a mask that I can wear to bed during the day that blocks out light. I did have a black out shade but it broke and I never replaced it. I will this summer.
    It is sad indeed that I have lost the memory I had and have lost the grip on vocabulary that I considered a gift. It is so hard to think much less go about ordinary daily routine when you are working through serious pain that other people are not even aware of.
    Love to you Jordane