Anybody else at the federal level in the SSD fight??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by deb_46, Feb 5, 2009.

1. deb_46

deb_46 New Member

I think I posted this awhile back and didn't get any replies, thought I'd ask again. After my ALJ denial a lawyer that only handles cases that she feels were unfairly turned down, (Huuh, that would be all of us here) took on my case to take it to the federal level.

Got a letter yesterday just updating me that things are moving along I guess. We sued the Commissioner of the Social Security Administration on Oct. 28. 2008. She told me to expect another year of fighting back and forth, the usual song and dance routine.

Just curious if anyone else had ever went this far and if so, how did it go??

2. deb_46

deb_46 New Member

I have filed another claim, already turned down there and preparing to appeal. Sure hope I win at the federal level though as I'll lose all that back pay plus my monthly check would be lower as I'll be penalized for the years I haven't worked due to the illness that they won't acknowledge.

3. jmq

jmq New Member

I pray I do not have to go through what you are going through!! I am at the administration least waiting for a hearing date. I am scared to death....and DESPERATE for the financial income. Allsup is assisting me.

What are your illnesses listed on the SSDI application and what State do you live in?

Thanks....and good luck

4. WestiesofFour

WestiesofFour New Member

I am also looking into disability and contacted Allsup.
    Have they helped you? If so how?