anybody else ever have bowel accidents?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dlizard, Jan 16, 2003.

1. dlizard

dlizard New Member

This is embarrassing to ask but has happened to me several times... once in pier one LOL>>>> ( had to tell you guys that!!!!) but most often in the car.... it happened again wednesday.... diarrhea,.,,, watery liquid golden yellow.... its always the same.... its always golden yellow and comes when you least expect it.... never a cramp or any forwarning.... ok I'll go even further.... most often its a once thing.... meaning you have it and then you don't have it again for a long long time.... anyone else? and anyone got any suggestions??????
  2. amuzyka

amuzyka New Member

Dlizard,

This has happened to me several times over the past years. I just go prepared and pray when they come I can make it home......this is common i have heard...No suggestions. i have tried not eating food when i am out that would upset my stomach. This has helped me a little but still comes on when you least expect it. Good luck
  3. joannie1

joannie1 New Member

I have to ask if you have discussed this with your Doctor? I know that this is one symptom of nerve damage when you are not able to hold your bowels and do not know that it is coming at that. I would really recommend you speaking to them about it. Because it just does not seem too normal to me. I am so sorry you have to go through this. I feel so bad for you.
    Joannie
  4. dan0248

dan0248 New Member

Well let me tell you how it is to have a situation like this for over 10 years. I can tell you where every tree, every bush, every bathroom is in any direction from my house, from what used to be my office. I knew where every bathroom was or what I could use one way or the other. I’ve crawled into storm drains, stood behind bin doors of a line truck, hell I’ve even used boxes in the back of some line trucks. I’ve tried not eating, not drinking I take anywhere from 4 to 6 diarrhea tablets a day and that is no guarantee that that would work either. I can’t begin to tell you how many pairs of underwear I have had to cut off and disregard, I carry two sets of cloths with me at all times. An average day for me is to go about 5 times, and this is with out any warning what so ever. The embarrassing part you say is dealing with coworkers and family members, my wife and kids are used to it, but I’m not it makes me so damn mad that I want to scream. It really effects my social life as well, who wants to go anywhere when you have uncontrollable bowels. I could go on and on with this, like I said before I’ve been dealing with this DD for over ten years
  5. stillafreemind

stillafreemind New Member

So sorry you are having to go through this. I tell ya..I am putting so much of my past together from this board.

When I was in my late 20s, I started getting diareaha..sometimes with pain, sometimes without. It got so bad I could not make it from the kitchen to the potty even if I was aware of it coming. Many docs and test later..everything from IBS to spastic colon, etc was diagnosed. At the end..nothing was working..I weighed 99 lbs (I am five ten) and my folks were really scared.

I worked for Hon industries then. My boss called me in..asked if I was tired of the docs and the tests and getting so underweight..I said YES! He said good..I made an appointment for you. He drove me to a chiros office..I was puzzled to say the least. Short of the story is..this wonderful man also practiced acupunture. I had not even heard of such a thing..and it was probably a real good thing..or I would have been to scared to go. After the first treatment I saw improvement..had probably half a dozen treatments..and never have had that kind of a seige again. All I know is..if I had kept up with the docs regimen..I think I surely would have died..I was skin and bones.

Hope this helps. You guys helped me by saying you even have this problem. It shows me that that was just another symptom to a disease that was definitely not on the charts back them.

Hoping you find relief soon..Sherry
    P.S. Since then..I have never touched Pepto Bismol, Citricel, etc. Not because I do not have my share of potty problems..but because I had more than one doc back then tell me that over time..use of these products puts a coating on your intestines and hinders the absorption of food, etc. Just thought I would share that with you all.
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This is not "normal." How long has it been since you had a colonoscopy?

Also, see the posts on taking probiotics. Gut problems are not unusual for us, but any new symptoms should be checked out.

Love, Mikie