Anybody else feel too heavy to lift out of bed in the am?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kellyslaw, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Kellyslaw

Kellyslaw New Member

I was wondering if anyone else has had this experience. Sometimes, when I wake-up in the morning, I can't move. Literally. This has happened 4 times in the last month. I wake-up and my whole body, especially my upper body, feels like I have something really heavy laying on top of me and nothing is there. It is very scary. I have to turn, with difficulty, on my side to be able to push myself to a sitting position so I can get out of bed. I can't seem to find a rhyme or reason for this to happen. It is "normal" for me to wake feeling exhausted, but this symptom is different. It is as if I am being held down and I have to fight against some unseen pressure to get up. It is so weird and scary.

I have not read anything about this symptom and I was wondering if it is just me?
  2. 3gs

3gs New Member

Hi Kelly you are not alone.

This has started with me also. Sometimes I can't even turnover even if I'm uncomfortable. Like you are filled with cement!

Not sure what causes it. Maybe getting off blood supply when sleeeping? I'll have to ask my chiro about it.

Figure it's the fibro

take care
  3. blizzybear

blizzybear New Member

I have had chronic fatigue for 10 yrs, i get that feeling a lot, sometimes i have to lay there for hrs till i can move my boy, it has its spells, it really is bad when i need to use the bathroom and i can not move, i just have to wait, hang in there.
  4. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

that happens to me too!! i didn't know why that was happening...I thought my muscles were getting weaker or something.

I fell in the snow and was all spralled out like a fat snow angel....whirling my arms and legs trying to get up!

Bad enough the neighbor was watching this display, and he offered no help. I was in terrible pain for days after that.

I'll have to take to the doctor about those periods of extreme weakness now I know it might be related to the FM/CFS.

5. Kellyslaw

Kellyslaw New Member

Thank you for your replies. It helps so much to know that I am not alone with this strange sensation/symptom. I am sorry, however, that you also are experiencing this. If you can find out anything from your respective drs, I would really appreciate it if you could let me know. I' will ask my dr at my next apt and let you know if I find out anything.

Thank you again for taking the time to reply.