Anybody Else Have Hip Pain?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by missourilady, Sep 14, 2006.

1. missourilady

missourilady New Member

I have trouble with my shoulders and arms - but every once in a while my hips just plain ache.

And why this morning? Never seems to make much sense.
  2. gidgetsmom

gidgetsmom New Member

I have trouble mainly with arms shoulders and neck....but the weather turning cooler has triggered my hips to ache also. Sure is aggravating but it's not as bad as my upper back pain. I can tolerate the hips better!!
  3. GLASTETTER

GLASTETTER New Member

I HAVE A LOT OF HIP PAIN AND ALSO MY SHOULDERS, NECK, BACK
    I GET INJECTIONS TO HELP WITH THEM. MY RIGHT SIDE IS THE WORSE. I HAVE FAVORED IT FOR SO LONG. I ALSO TAKE ULTRACET AND VICODIN. I ALTERNATE THEM. IF IT IS REAL BAD I USES A HEATING PAD

HOPE THIS HELPS
    I KNOW EXACTLY HOW YOU FEEL
    BARBARA
  4. MamaR

MamaR New Member

Oh yes...that is one of my main complaints lately....and mornings are always worse. I have had so much pain in both hips along with the upper back, neck, and shoulders.

I think that it is the arthritis along with the muscles. My Rhuemy seems to think that it is more the muscles. But, we can tell when it is in the bones. I also have osteoporosis.

I hope that you can find some relief. I know this pain. I have noticed that if I take advil 800 mg. It helps for awhile. But, my doc told me not to take it with the other meds that contain tylenol...but I am desperate!

Love.....Mari
  5. JLH

JLH New Member

My hip pain comes from (1) arthritis; (2) pinched nerve in my low back; and (3) too much extra weight!!
  6. dononagin

dononagin New Member

You know.. I've had hip pain since I was a child so I often wondered if I had symptoms way back when or if my hip pain is something else.. If it is cold they hurt something horrible!
    hugs~
  7. mezombie

mezombie Member

I have a lot of hip pain, and go to a doctor who specializes in pain. He did a careful physical exam, including moving my hip joints around.

It turns out that my hip pain is due to loose ligaments. The good news is that physical therapy can help with this!
  8. barbinindiana

barbinindiana New Member

Yes, in fact, hip pain was the first fibro pain I ever had. Since then, my worse pain as been in my back shoulders and neck, but I've been in a flair with awful hip pain now for about 3 weeks.

Hope you start feeling better soon.

{{{{HUGS}}}}

Barb
  9. srollins

srollins New Member

i had alot pf pain in the hips some time ago and the only way it got better was with injection.
    my rhuemy says it is bursitis.
    don't matter to me what it is called i am getting tired of it and i am about ready to give in to the injections again.

i especially have trouble getting in and out of the car.

shirley
  10. missourilady

missourilady New Member

We are in the middle of a major weather change here in Kansas City. Much cooler air coming in - and some rain. So I was still pretty sore this morning. But I went walking anyway.

I don't think this is joint pain - I think its in the muscles.

I seem to have a whole bunch of muscle problems. Aching, cramping. But this hip stuff seems to come and go. I just took some advil and hopefully that will be enough. I don't like to take heavy medicine and it doesn't really seem to do all that much for me.
  11. WendyStoopy

WendyStoopy New Member

Yes, hip pain. Aggghhhh. It would feel like my hip was almost out of joint, very painful and creepy feeling. Sometimes it would pop a lot, too. The two best things I have done that have helped are:
    -chiropractic
    -trigger pt injection into the piriformus muscule
    I had tried chiro without it helping until I found a chiro that uses the "activator", much better, esp. for fm, less traumatic to my body. It is a small metal intrument that uses a light, premesured force. It is much more accurate and the only thing to date that has helped with my TMJ.
    good luck!
    Wendy
  12. bcn

bcn New Member

Yes, I have had a lot of problems with my hips. Very painful and also hot to the touch.

When I first got really bad with fibro, I was just starting to train for a marathon. But when walking, my hips right on the outside of my thighs would hurt so bad that I couldn't walk. Previous to this, I waked at least 4 miles per day for years.

And it's all gone downhill since then. No more walking for me.
  13. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

Both of my hips are painful. Rheumo said it's bursitis on top of the fibro. Just had cortisone injections last week, but they're still aching. It might have helped a little bit, but not much.
  14. jens2angels

jens2angels New Member

That was one of my first painful areas, along with my back. They still hurt quite a bit usually, especially when I'm working. That's because i drive a lot though with my job and the pressure on my back and hips gets to be quite a bit. I actually got diagnosed with bursitis by a physical medicine doctor and he gave me a cortisone shot and it helped quite a bit.
  15. dr32164

dr32164 New Member

Yes, I have FM and also has hip pain due to bursitis. It is typical of FM, so my Rheumy told me. An anti inflamatory works best to control the pain.
  16. crossword

crossword New Member

I have rheumatoid arthritis at the base of my spine which affects my hips especially at night. My new waterbed totally eliminates the pain. I can now wake up in the morning without any pain or stiffness. Thanks to my rheumy. He also changed my night meds. Thanks to him I am now feeling much, much better.
  17. mary124

mary124 New Member

I do, must be the cool weather coming in, but I also fell last year and fractured my right hip, so with the weather and all that could be why as well.
  18. angelstapleton

angelstapleton New Member

I have very bad hip pain. Even with my pain meds I still feel it so much. It is like some one is drilling right into them. My leg hurt ,back and arms . I get some relife with the pain but really just learing to lay down on the bed with pillows under my knees witch help releave the pain ..
    Hope this help.
    Sorry your hurting so bad
    Bless yo Angel
  19. angelstapleton

angelstapleton New Member

I also live in mo
    Springfield area . Just thought I say Hi .