Anybody else with low pregnenolone test results?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bigmama2, Jun 8, 2006.

1. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

From what I understand, pregnenolone is a "pre" hormone produced mostly in adrenal glands. The body then uses it to make other hormones, depending on what you need.

My Blood test result was 14. My FFC dr. said 130-230 is optimal. So they had me buy pregnenolone suppliment. (Not RX). It's 100mg. Of course I researched it on this board and other places I could find in cyberspace. Just about every other place said to take it in lower doses, like 10 or 20 mg. AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

these differences confuse me so much!!!!!!

Have you been tested for pregnenolone? Does anybody with CFS/FM actually have normal levels of it?

Thanks, Biggie
  2. Hootie1

Hootie1 New Member

I don't have my results with me, but I believe that I was low also. I'll get back to you in a few hours.
  3. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

I go to FFC and they gave me 100mg which I have been taking for over two weeks without any problems. I don't have copies of my test results with me, so I can't give you my results, but I was considered to be very low. That would explain my memory issues!
  4. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I tested very low, too. I have been taking 25 mg pregnenolone (Source Naturals) since October 2005. They came in 50 mg tablets, and I cut them in half.

I recently bought another bottle at Whole Foods and didn't look close enough at the label. It turns out the second bottle was 10 mg tablets (not 50 mg).

So I bumped my dosage up from 25 mg to 30 mg. So now instead of taking 1/2 tablet, I take 3 tablets!

I think Pregnenolone is one of the things that has been helping me. I haven't had my blood levels retested, though.
  5. intensemom

intensemom New Member

Yes, mine was very low also. I've been taking 100 mg. once a day in the morning (religiously) for 3 mos. and have noticed no difference. I am having bloodwork and a followup visit in 2 weeks; so we'll see!

Love,
    Tracy