Anybody else with PCOS or Celiac's disease?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Katelynn, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Katelynn

Katelynn New Member

I have Fibromyalgia and Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome. Does anybody else out there have both of these?

They also think I might have Celiac's Disease (Gluton allergy). Does anybody else have that as well?

I was just wondering if there are any underlying connections that the doctors don’t know about.

2. nerdieduckie

nerdieduckie New Member

I have PCOS along with the Fibromyalgia and while my celiac tests came back negative (they ran the blood test twice) I'm pretty badly gluten-intolerant.

3. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

I have PCOS. I had one high AGA but follow up tests were neg for Celiac.

DO you also have insulin resistance?

I'm actually questioning my Fibro diagnosis as I have several other issues that could be responsible for the pain.

I have POTS, MVP, OH, IR, PCOS, and we're looking into Sjogren's.

I guess all of those things can fall under the FMS title but then it feels like a waste basket diagnosis.

Sofi
  4. mujuer

mujuer New Member

a.k.a. celiac disease. I have fibro but no P.C.O.S. If you have celiac, start a new post if diagnosed. I can tell you all about it and the best books to buy down to the best bread to buy. Got it all covered for ya'. Pamela
  5. been diagnosed with celiacs...(gluten AND casein(dairy) are no-no's for me. I see a new* dietician tomorrow for help with the diet again, as, I've gotten myself into really badddd shape, and, SOME of this HAS to be due to the celiac's disease...

Just an FYI for some people...I was told there are VERY FEW labs in the entire U.S. that know how to CORRECTLY (blood) test for celiac's

I guess I was "fortunate" that I had the absolute classic symptoms, including biopsies that showed villous atrophy, and some villi were 'almost totally effaced' (worn down to nothing, basically)--which dieticians, and diff areas of doctors will "Listen" to, much more, than stupid old bloodwork.

As they say, also, for celiac's... 'the proof is in the pudding" (or the brown rice...regarding celiac's) truly I think if you are miserable, from food, or anything to do with it...trying the diet for CD, is the BEST test..if you get major* improvements, and not just with the digestive system, while avoiding certain foods....for ME...THAT is proof enough, as well....and without the $1,000's+++ of tests beforehand... during mine, yrs ago, I was told all the probs....except! the MOST IMPORTANT ONE--that..was basically CAUSING all the other dx's, through damaging my stomach, intestines, pancreas...etc..

An educated dietician, and then integrative MD are the ones who immediately said "Celiac's

And, then to finish answering your question...2-21-07 I had a serous cystadenoma(-benign)... removed from my left ovary...after over 6 yrs, and several JERK! gynecologists. I have a good one now, at at my first visit, he did the ultrasound, and even I could see plain as day, the PCOS...and he did dx it, show me the right ovary, etc...the plan was to start glucophage for the PCOS after surgery....until he found painful endometriosis as well, and has me on the depo-provera shot every 3 mos for IT instead....all this time......I've been denied a surgery to remove a cyst...even as it GREW in the past 2 yrs...not SHRUNK..as my pathetic careless gynecologists in the past insisted would happen..over, and over, and over 'on the pill'. I won't even think about how many diff ones I went through.

The now fired* gyne, never even ONCE did an ultrasound..on her own...she had a TECH..but my new gyne did one right away, on his own...and dx's PCOS, then tells me about the cyst he removed...and then "well, boy you've sure got endometriosis" (which prev. gynes always INSISTED was "interstitial cystitis" and would try to refer me to a urologist--AGAIN for a cystoscopy. I did NOT go again. I knew she was full of sh**, lazy, and totally uncaring..

Anyways, so I was dx'd with CD around 25-26 yrs old, and the other two, this yr...
  6. SweetT

SweetT New Member

dairy also doesn't like me, but wheat and gluten will leave me with excruciating pain (that painful gas that won't pass but moves to your back and hips)