anybody else with tics?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by msp04792, Jul 28, 2003.

1. msp04792

msp04792 New Member

I'm wondering how cfs is related to tics... Notice that the more fatigued I am, the more frequent the tics. Is this common? Anything that helps? thanks, Barbara
  2. judywhit

judywhit New Member

Hi Barbara,
    I am not sure if this relates to your situation or not but the first thing that came to my mind is side effects of meds. I have read that some antidepressants, espially the SSRI's such as Effexor, Paxil can can cause tics. Just thought I would post this. I have fms and the more I read about cfs I feel fortunate that I do not have cfs. My prayers go out to all sufferers.
    Judy
  3. elaine_p

elaine_p New Member

which caused me to think mine were from the CFS, instead of "just because". I don't get them very often, but last winter the muscles around my eye tweaked out for about a month. It wouldn't surprise me if they were related! I have no idea what the message was, but it was at least 6 weeks ago. Hopefully other people will reply!
  4. EZBRUZR

EZBRUZR New Member

I too have tics,and for myself as well when more fatigued they are more frequent,as well as violent. My Dr has taken me off several meds on different occasions in an effort to get rid of them. He is the neurologist and he asks me why I have the tics. I have not been DX w/CFS only FM and maybe MS.I can't say that I have found anything that helps. I did notice a slight reduction whent said goodbye to caffine. Good Luck,lisa
  5. cureforpain

cureforpain New Member

I have CFS and frequently get very mild muscle tics, can be anywhere on the body. They're almost not even visible to the eye, usually lasts 10-20 minutes. Didn't know what they were for a while, just confused to feel pulsing from one spot on my leg, and then feel it somewhere else later. Happens more in the evenings, and I associate it with being "extra" tired. Since tics are a sign of muscle fatigue, I guess it makes sense that we get them?
  6. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member

MY RESEARCH & EXPERIENCE INDICATES THAT TICS W/ EITHER CFS/CFIDS OR FM/FMS ARE NOT UNUSUAL...... THEY ARE IRRITATING , BUT AT LEAST ..... IN MOST CASES ..... NOT PAINFUL. THERE ARE SO MANY VARIABLES W/THESE DD'S. , NO WONDER MOST DRS. DON'T WANT TO DEAL W/ THEM !!!!!!!BLESSINGS & TAKE CARE !!!!!!!! BILLCAMO.