Anybody else?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by angelkisses6, Jan 5, 2006.

1. angelkisses6

angelkisses6 New Member

Hi i was just wondering if anybody else finds that it takes a looooooooooog time to just read 1 sentence? It seems to take me forever and then i have to reread it and still dont remember what i read,thanks for all your help,take care all,marieann
  2. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

Reading is one of my FAVORITE things to do - especially now that I have the DD and am housebound.

When I first got sick, it was like you're talking about, I would read the same sentence over and over, hopeing that some part of it would get through to me. But it was like throwing spitballs at teflon - nothing would stick!

But I wouldn't let that stop me! Now I read books for young readers, where the action is close packed and the sentences are easy. I can only skim the pages to get the jist of the story, and not take everything in, but it's something. Of course, after I put the book down I don't remember anything much anymore. The first few chapters are the hardest, because that's when I have to learn the names of the characters and where they live and what they do, but it's easier after that. Reading is such a pleasure, and I hope I will never have to stop.

I hope this will get better for you! You aren't alone!
    love, Shannon
  3. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

you on that mariann,
    I am exactly the same as you & have to ask people to say what they were saying 3 or 4 times before get it.
    Youre not alone girlfriend take care fibrolady37 xx