anybody ever have forearm injuries? i think i might've today.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dani78xo, Aug 14, 2006.

1. dani78xo

dani78xo New Member

i think i may have injured my arm earlier.
    i was at our local dog park, and i'd just put my beagle on a leash.
    we were walking back to our car when he saw another dog and ran really fast,
    twisting my arm, and i heard and felt a pop in my forearm.

my wrist hurts a little now, and my forearm close to the elbow is killing me.
    i can't even touch the skin without yelping in pain.

i was just wondering, has anybody torn something in their upper arm? and did it feel somewhat like this?

i don't really want to go to the doctor unless i'm positive that i need to. i hate going to doctors.

anyways, i was just curious. and i'll probably see how it is tomorrow.

-danielle
  2. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Sorry you have a sore arm and wrist. Have you tried to
    do ice pacs on the injuried areas?? If it starts to swell
    you might try it if you haven't already.

Is everything else ok? Will school be starting soon?
    I'm glad that when you have a bad day or a problem you
    come to the Board to talk with us. Have you been doing
    anything fun with your friends lately? Let us know how
    you feel later, ok??

MRDAD
  3. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I shattered my left wrist when I triped over the sidewalk smart right? And it really hurt so I spent the evening at the ER getting it splinted.

But I since I am a KLUTZ , I can relate to that . I would use a ice pack on it for 20 minutes at a time with a cloth under the ice pack and do this for the first day. The next day I would still do the ice pack and right after I would put a warm pack on it not hot but warm as that it what my doctor told me to do after I tripped and sprained my ankle. I was to use cold first and then hot and alternated them durning the day time and I think I did it up to 4 times a day.

But first I would check with your doctor to find out if you broke it , sprained it, pulled it out of the socket. You could have done several things to cause this kind of pain so my answer is if it is keeping you awake and your not sleeping go to the ER and get it checked out.

But if you can sleep then wait and see how you are feeling in the morning. But still go and see your doctor to see if you could have dislocated it and maybe chipped it.

Take care of your self and watch your arm for swelling and more pain that you think should be normal for what happened. Take it easy and put the arm in a sling and don't use it for a day. These things may help but as I said if it still hurts see your doctor adn it it keeps you awake tonight the go to the ER.
    JUst get it checked out. And it will make you feel better.
    Rosemarie
  4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

ice it and take anti imflammatories...

jodie