Anybody full of energy one min. and totally zapped the next?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kriket, Aug 27, 2006.

1. kriket

kriket New Member

It is the weirdest thing. I can wake up and feel like I am going to have a good day with quite a bit of energy.

I walk out the door full of zest ready to go do something and about the time I get to where I'm going, I can't hardly function from this overwhelming tiredness that just hits me all of a sudden like a ton of bricks. It is so frustrating!! Anyone else relate?
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

yes exactly!

all too often!

me too!

and I never know when it's gonna happen, either!

3. rynkat

rynkat New Member

Feels like someone has pulled the plug on my energy. I can be doing some small chore and have to stop and take a break, or be out doing some shopping and just feel like I can't go another step.
  4. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

I get this all the time. It's not always when I wake up first thing but sometimes it is. Other times I will just lay low during the day and think I have good energy for the evening and the evening comes around and we go to do whatever it was we were going to do and I am drained.

It takes very little to make me very tired. I never used to take naps at all and now I am the queen of naptime.
  5. shelbo

shelbo New Member

I can feel ok...ventute out cos I think I'm doing good and then the fatigue can hit me out of nowhere like a ton of bricks!
  6. Suzan

Suzan New Member

Is to be thinking..."I will do that next" because I am feeling like I can..then 5 minutes into the job finding that I am already exhausted..and cannot continue!
    So...YES..this happens to me way more often than I would like it to!
  7. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Gosh, I've always that that was due to stress! I wake up in pretty good shape, begin to get tense, then I'm zapped!

Marta
  8. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

i liken it to throwing a rod in the engine of a car. moving right along and the piston jams!, grinding me to a halt. i believe this, in addition to the fact that we look healthy, plays into the disbelief of others. it's very hard for people to understand how someone can be fine one moment and flattened in the next. all part of the mystery.
  9. carebelle

carebelle New Member

Yup I really have trouble with this alike the wind is knoted out of me
  10. twinkles49

twinkles49 New Member

It is so frustrating!....especially for my husband

The other day we were getting ready to go out for the day..don't remember what for.

I made the remark that I was already played out and haven't even walked out the door. The look on his face told me that I could not dissapoint him again. Sooo off I went...paid for it.

Anyways...praying that there will be an answer of what flips the switch on the energy annnnd finds the answer of how to flip that switch back on!!

Twinks :)
  11. MsE

MsE New Member

This is one of the things I hate most about CFIDS. I can feel quite normal one minute and the next feel as though I'll drop if I don't lie down. The opposite also can happen: I may be spending the day on the sofa feeling weak as a kitten, and suddenly feel energy flow back into my body. This has been going on for years and years. You are 100% correct: It is totally frustrating!
  12. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

Happened to me today, actually.

My son moved out so I woke up (tired as usual not much sleep), gained a little momentum and decided to tidy up the garage, his old room, vacuum, pack the rest of his stuff.

Around 3:00 I almost fell over! Went on energy scale of 8 to zero in seconds!

Isn't it awful the unpredictability of this crazy DD? This is what makes me afraid to go out - not knowing when the fatigue will hit me.

Sue in Ontario

[This Message was Edited on 09/01/2006]
  13. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I am so pleased you mention this as it scares me how overwhelming fatigue can suddenly descend from nowhere, one minute not too bad, next second feel like I am about to drop.

Just out of the blue really. Then it passes in a while, sometimes an hour, sometimes longer or shorter. Weird.

Love Anne
  14. gymmbabe

gymmbabe New Member

Oh my gosh YES...it seems to happen everytime I make plans with to go out with the girls. One minute, I'm having a great day--but then WHAM, the fatigue zapper hits me.

Luckily, my friends understand. They have seen it happen many times. One minute I'm bouncing around like a teenager and the next I feel like a 90 year old woman.

Dawn