Anybody get approved for SSA disability on reconsideration level?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lisjhn, Jan 14, 2003.

1. lisjhn

lisjhn New Member

Just wondering if there is anyone out there who got approved for disability without having to go through the hearing process.

I got denied after 149 days (29 days over their limit) for my first time through. Then Oct 12th I filed my reconsideration, still without an attorney, but I included more medical documentation including the borderline Chiari diagnosis and wrote a long letter to go along with it.

I just read on a post here that someone (Nancea?) got hers through writing a 3 page letter and got approved with 3 years back pay all without an attorney. So I'm just wondering if there is a flicker of hope here.

It's only been a little over 90 days so I should get my reply from SSA soon and probably will have to start the 3rd part of getting an attorney and obtaining a hearing date, and am trying not to get my hopes up, but would there be an inkling of a chance here you think?

~LISA
  2. jevans

jevans New Member

Lisa....I do wish you good luck...I applied in November 2000 got denied in Oct. 2001 and appealed within a week...just had my ADJ hearing December 12th 2002...today I was sent to a Orthapedic Dr....and was told that he did not see any reason why I would not be approved....he just came right out and told me that he was sending a letter of recomentation to the Judge that I be concidered totally disabled....Well it did get my hopes up>>>>Yes I hired a lawyer on the appeal....they have been very helpful..it is very comforting to have them beside you when you are in front of the judge....So now I start the waiting game all over again......I have waited since November 2000 I guess it won't hurt me to wait just alittle longer.....Jenn
    There is always a ray of hope....with SSDI
  3. lisjhn

lisjhn New Member

Jevans if you are still here, how can you apply in November and get denied in October the next year? Why'd they take soooo long?

I thought they had 120 days to decide the first time. And I'm imagining another 120 days after they get the reconsideration, then it probably takes several months to a year to get a hearing, then a couple months after that to get the back pay????

Anybody know the time frame they work on?

~LISA