ANYBODY GOT A PROTOCOL THEY WILL SHARE!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lillypad2, Feb 3, 2006.

1. lillypad2

lillypad2 New Member

Also how sick do you have to be to get Disability?

I'm working fulltime at a desk (payroll and benefits). But had to go out to change pain meds because I could'nt concentrate. So I will be back to work after next week. I had to get off of percocet and go back to ultram, daypro, and zanaflex. It seems to work but not as well. I feel like I'm all in my head again.

I got the following illnesses:

Chronic Fatigue, Fibro (since a teenager), Depression/anxiety (all my life), asthma, acid reflux, adrenal fatigue,hypothyroidisim

Thanks
    Lisa

2. lillypad2

lillypad2 New Member

I just updated my profile so you can read.
  3. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

there are various protocols on www.lassesen.com/cfids. This site doesnt sell anything so I am sure it is alright for me to print the address.

I dont know which one is best but the guy has taken parts from some of them and come up with his own.

love
    Rosie
  4. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

several of us here are doing the Guaifenesin protocol. The details are in the library here, or you can search for past posts. xxx
  5. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I have gone the "natural" route wherever possible as I react quite strongly to most prescription drugs.

5-htp - an amino acid which helps your brain produce serotonin, works very well for depression. You should NOT take 5-htp if you are already taking an SSRI, as you may develop serotonin syndrome (too much serotonin), which can be dangerous

Adrenal fatigue - a good B vitamin complex and extra pantothenic acid are important for this. Also, adrenal glandular products help a lot. I've gotten mine from chiropractors - Drenatrophin PMG by Standard Process, Adrenogen and Cytozyme AD by Biotics are all good adrenal glandular products

Hypothyroidism - many people are helped by Armour thyroid or other thyroid supplementation. I'm not an expert on this, there's a lot of info on the board about thyroid so do a search. Also, dulse iodine drops can help. You buy dulse iodine in health food stores. It is made from kelp. It is NOT the same thing as the iodine you buy in a drugstore, which should not be ingested.

Try magnesium and malic acid, this helps a lot of pepole with fatigue and pain.

I don't have FM, just CFIDS, so I don't have experience with FM pain but have read that many people are helped with the guaifesenen protocol (do a search on thsi baord again)

Also some people swear by Traumeel by Heel brand - it's a homeopathic remedy.

Calcium pyruvate can help with energy.

Read From Fatigued to Fantastic by Jacob Teitelbaum, it has a lot of good information.

There is no one answer for everyone, you just have to keep trying different things and read adn read and read.

Mary