anybody have anxiety with flare and home alone

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jinlee, Mar 6, 2007.

1. jinlee

jinlee Member

Just wondered if I am weird or "normal." Last night and this morning I am starting to flare which is because of some extra stress in my life I think. My head feels like it will float off my body and the pain in my body is starting to escalate.

When I get like this I get so much anxiety because when all of family leaves for work I will be alone and to me that feels, well I can't really explain how it feels, just feels panicky.

Anyone relate?
    [This Message was Edited on 03/07/2007]
  2. clerty

clerty New Member

Hi

I am ok now as I am on medication for it but I was taking panic atacks eveyday when hubby left for work I don't know why as nothing was going to happen to me just scared I suppose of being on my own I think you need to address this before it gets worse I let this go on for to long before I asked for help perhaps CBT would help I am having this on Saturday.
  3. footballmom

footballmom New Member

I get that same feeling when I go to bed at night. It's horrible. I don't know if it's because I know I won't sleep well or if it's just stress but I sometimes just dread going to bed.
  4. clerty

clerty New Member

Hi
    That is worry and stress I had that for a log time, you need help please go and talk to someone or get medication

That is what happened with me I was not sleeping and then I worried about it I started having sleep starts they are like jerking when you try to sleep and It wakens you so you cant sleep the whole night,you get up in the morning no sleep then you worry.Can you see where I am coming from?

As I said I am now on mediaction my sleep is better I can get 8 hrs now Ok I wake up at 6 everymorning feeling terrible but bed time is not as bad now.
    Certsx
  5. mujuer

mujuer New Member

So sorry to hear that this happening to you. I suffered panic attacks for a very long time. They can get to be so debilitating. Please, please, please, get some help a.s.a.p. you don't need that on top of everything else. I was on trazadone for years for my panic disorder. I slept so good on it also. Now that I am in excrutiating pain again, they are back and I will be talking to my dr. about getting back on trazadone. I was hospitalized twice for my panic attacks before a dr. finally got me on something that worked. There are some great books out there also. Hope this helps.
  6. Shalala

Shalala New Member

I am always alone. I just try to ride it out and hope for the best. Just be careful to not put yourself in any situations that may be hazardous (like showers, stairs, driving). I have to wait until I am feeling stable enough to shower. If I am really bad I stay upstairs. I only have 6 steps but I could really get hurt falling down any number of stairs. I am used to it though. I bet it is extra anxiety for you. Just park yourself and take your meds and take your time (going to the bathroom or whatever).

(((((((((( hugs ))))))))))
  7. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

Sounds normal to me. I won't take a shower unless my hubby is home.

I am home alone quite a bit but have gotten use to it. I make very slow and purposeful movements to keep my self safe. I feel dizzy alot and am afraid of falling.

Seems several of us can relate to what you are going through.

Do you have any pets? They seem to help me not feel so alone.

Take care
  8. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

jinlee:

I am home alone with pain all day, terrible pain.
    I know how you feel.

It is such a terrible feeling.

nyrofan
  9. Mini4Me

Mini4Me New Member

I felt that way until my puppy came into my life. Now I'm busy loving and caring for her while everyone else is away at work. She lies by my bed when I'm feeling sick. She's been so sweet and such a comfort!
    Mini