Anybody have any fun activities for a family reunion???

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kriket, Sep 28, 2007.

1. kriket

kriket New Member

I am in charge of our family reunion as for geting all the invitations out and all. We have played many games over the years and we are running out of ideas to do. Does anyone have any ideas that would be fun for a family reunion-like any activities?? I am going to be putting togehter a family cookbook through out this next year, but I really need some fun activities for the adults to get involved in. The kids can fish and they have a jump house to occupy their time. Any ideas???

Thanks Kriket
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Where is it? In a house?

Our reunions are in a state park. The older kids throw softballs and frisbees. The little kids was in the creek; get wet and muddy.

That's it. Year after year.

Good luck.

Rock
  3. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

family reunions always included "Take Away Bingo"......it's fun. You bring a variety of prizes, some nice, some gag prizes, but none of them expensive. Then, if you win a round of bingo, you take a prize from the pile. Pretty soon, all of the prizes are taken and the fun begins. Then your next bingo, you get to take a coveted prize from someone else. Except you don't know what it really is, because all of the prizes are wrapped in newspaper, Christmas wrap, or whatever you have. Obviously this game takes over an hour, and the caller gets to decide when enough is enough. The players aren't supposed to get up and leave with their prizes until the game is over. It leads to some good natured disputes!

Terri
  4. sisland

sisland New Member

How about Horse shoes? ,,,,,,softball,,,,card games,,,,Bingo is agreat idea!
  5. skikat

skikat New Member

I DONT KNOW WHAT KIND OF SPACE YOU HAVE BUT EVEN A BASEMENT WOULD DO DEPENDING ON THE NUMBER OF RELATIVES. WE HVE HUGE FAMILY REUNIONS AND WE ALWAYS RENT THE ISSAC WALTON HUNTERS CLUBHOUSE. IT HAS A GREAT BIG ROOM WITH HARDWOOD FLOOR UPSTAIRS. OUTDOORS THERE IS A POND TO FISH IN AND A HUGE YARD TO PLAY GAMES IN . AND THEN AT 4 PM. WE HAVE A DANCE! ALL AND ANY REALITIVES THAT CAN PLAY AN INSTRUMENT CAN SET IN AND E PLAY FOR THE DANCE. THE OLDER PEOPLE ENJOY IT JUST AS MUCH OR MORE THAN THE YOUNGER ONES AS WE PLAY ALL KINDS OF MUSIC, EVEN THE OLD ONES. THEY ALL SO ENJOY IT. ALSO, WE MADE UP A BOOK ON THE HISTORY OF THE FAMILY AND WHERE THE FIRST SETTLEMENT WAS AND THINGS THEREAFTER THAT HAPPENED. ALL YEAR LONG LETERS ARE SENT OUT ASKING FOR NAMES AND BIRTHDAYS OF ALL THE FAMILY MEMBERS SO THAT IT IS ALWAYS UPDATED. THEN THEY CAN HAVE ONE FOR THE COST OF THE COPY PAPER. VERY INEXPENSIVE.MAYBE YOU DONT HAVE "ISSAC WALTON LEAGUES " WHERE YOU LIVE, BUT CHECK INTO SOME OTHER PLACES , LIKE COMMUNITY CENTERS ETC. WE JUST HAVE A BALL . HOPE THIS HELPS. HUGS-SKI-
  6. kriket

kriket New Member

We had our family reunion last weekend. It went well. We are outdoors at our farm. We have a large pond, so the little ones fished and luckily we have a family member that rents out jump houses,so he brought it and that kept the kids occupied. Most of the adults were happy just visiting. I had them bring their favorite recipes and I am going to make a family recipe cookbook throughout this year,so we'll see how that goes. I think they are all looking forward to the cookbook. You have some neat ideas.

Thanks Kriket