Anybody have ganglion cysts?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by diricha, Sep 20, 2002.

1. diricha

diricha New Member

I have had two surgically removed from my right wrist. Now I have one on my left wrist and it is killing me. It wakes me up at night throbbing. It doesn't stick out very far though. I also have weakness in my wrist. Just curious if anyone else has had these.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/20/2002]
  2. diricha

diricha New Member

I have had two surgically removed from my right wrist. Now I have one on my left wrist and it is killing me. It wakes me up at night throbbing. It doesn't stick out very far though. I also have weakness in my wrist. Just curious if anyone else has had these.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/20/2002]
  3. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

4. JP

JP New Member

I have had a very small one removed from the top of my right wrist a number of years ago. It caused me a great deal of pain and muscle weakness. I was also an athlete at the time. Some of my symptoms could have been from playing softball. I improved after it was removed.

JP
  5. allie2

allie2 New Member

i have a cyst in my mouth that i am getting looked st this week and i have a lump on my cheek but not sure what it is yet.

Hugs
    *allie*
  6. honey

honey New Member

I had a ganglion removed from my left wrist as it caused me a lot of pain. I have noticed over the last few months it is returning have a nice very sore lump there. I was only wondering if ganglions were common in those who have fibro the other day so this post is of great interest to me.
    I know what you are going through hope your wrist comes right soon

Wishing you happy and bright days

Luv
    Lyn
  7. Cindi

Cindi New Member

on my left wrist. It's starting to get bigger, and almost looks like there are two there, if that's possible. It hurts occasionally, but my main reason that I'd have it removed is because it's UGLY!! I think the weakness I have in that wrist is compareable to my right wrist...and I have carpal tunnel in both hands!
    Is there anyone with ganglion cysts who also has carpal tunnel??

Thanks-
    Cindi
  8. Sheryl

Sheryl New Member

HI,
    I had a ganglion cyst on each wrist years apart and both were removed. Also, last year I had back surgery because of a fractured vertabrae that had slipped. When the went in they found a cyst growing between the fracture that had severed the nerves (no wonder I had such horrible pain).Interesting to know others have this problem.

Hugs Sheryl
  9. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

I have a big bump on my right wrist and I know its not carpel tunnel cause they checked me for that. I cant even write because my wrist and arm hurts so bad. I write a sentence and have to rest it. My inner arm between my wrist and elbow is always swollen up and its sticks out and very noticeable, dont know what that is unless its a flared muscle. It even hurts to flip the remote control for tv and when I use the computer like right now.
  10. cay24dive

cay24dive New Member

I had one remvoed that was growing into my lrft writst bone, and I have one that flares up every now and then on my right writst.Erin