Anybody Have "Lyme Rage?"

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by ajp, Apr 28, 2006.

1. ajp

ajp New Member

I am just curious, because I think that I have it.
    I have been totally out of control. I find myself getting so so angry.

This week I was mad at my husband and started packing all my things and I was moving out. I shut myself in my bedroom for three days, only coming out for drinks and bathroom.

I was just reading about Lyme rage as being a symptom and I thought....this is ME!!!!!!!!

I am on Wellbutrin and I don't think its depression...just wild crazy anger. I felt such hate for him. And now I realize that I probably over reacted and he really didn't deserve what I did and said. I truthfully can't even remember what I was so mad about.

I do find myself getting angry over such little things and this is not me....not my personality at all.

I often tell people that I feel like my body has been attacked by something and now its my brain.

I have to beg hubby's forgiveness and go unpack my boxes.
    Thanks for letting me vent. Let me know if any of you feel this way.....please god... I hope I am not alone in this.
    Hugs
    Mindy
  2. jarjar

jarjar New Member

I have heard of people speak of lyme rage on lymenet so it does exist. I personally am a laid back person but had to come to terms with a lot of surpressed anger and rage that surfaced in my 30's. I looked at it as part of the healing process and letting go of old childhood emotions that needed to be released.

jar
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

but is very very hyper-irritable...

it can be almost impossible to talk to him about anything for the first 4-6 hours after he awakens as the hyper-irritability combined with his inability often to understand what one is saying/explaining is a bad combination...

if there is any 'bad' way to interpret a sentence or choice of word, that is the way he goes with it...

I would say that it is very possible that he has felt as you have described, altho he won't necessarily admit to it...

And then there is a varying period of lucidity that is usually after 8 pm... like he 'woke up'...

no surprise he also has my sleep problems - I often feel like I've awakened mentally in the evening, it is hard for me as well to try to go to bed to keep a normal schedule.

all the best,
    Victoria
  4. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

I can fly off the handle at the littlest things. Everything just seems to irritate me so. I just want to be alone! Make that phone stop ringing. I think the abx causes a little of that too.

By dh has always had a bit of a temper, but since he now has Lyme it has gotten much worse. If something goes wrong at work - look out! His employees know to get out of his way - he isn't violent or anything, just very, very loud and verbal.