anybody have this bug that's going around on the west coast?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by sunflowergirl, Dec 31, 2012.

1. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

My son from Portland brought it I think. He said people up there have been really sick, lasting weeks. I've had sore throat since Dec. 24. It was low for me, like around the thryoid area so gargling didn't help much. Now I've had laryngitis for 3 days and lots of coughing and mucous. I finally broke down today and bought some Musinex, hoping it will help. Everyday it just seems to get worse.
  2. sascha

sascha Member

i've been sick for almost all of December. very sick. chills, fever, stomach messed up, lots of mucus, coughing up gunk- just miserable. i'm on the west coast. finally went to emergency room and was diagnosed with pneumonia. was put on antibiotics which helped. and i went back on inhalers for bronchial asthma.

was a long illness. just coming out of it now. very good luck to you with what you're going through. hope it lets up soon for you. my younger son also had pneumonia - was diagnosed before me and was ill a long time.

don't mean to alarm you - maybe check in with your doctor and see if there's anything you can do to expedite recovery. best of luck! Salome